Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • South Downs Way Winchester end: current conditions?
  • richen987
    Free Member

anyone ridden the winchester QE park end recently, whats it like, popping along there tomorrow and wondering if it is really muddy or dryish? cheers

wwaswas

Not very near there but stuff around Brighton has dried out really well in the past 3 or 4 days wind and sunshine.

superfli
    Free Member

Backside of Old Winch hill will be muddy+claggy as hell, but from A32 to Winch isnt too bad. slippy and wet, but not thick and gloopy. I walked it last w/e – I know, walking, thats sh*te!, but I’m meant to be getting a few training walks in for 3peaks.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ll be finding out on Sunday but things are drying out quite well from what I’ve heard especially with this cold wind, just slippy as said above.

mattbee

QECP was pretty claggy today. Leaf mulch over sticky chalk. OK on trailrakers and at least the roots were pretty dry. Should improve over next few days.

richen987
    Free Member

Thanks for the knowledge, best change tyres. Taff – I’ll post tomorrow evening and let you know what its like, have a good ride

richen987
    Free Member

It was very muddy, few big puddles around, cold as anything, but other than that a good ride, a little slow but nice.

Taff
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Where abouts did you go? I’m either going to head to Winchester [or at least in that direction] on SDW or do a Cocking-Singleton-Stoughton route. Have a feeling that either will be claggy especially as none of my tyres are particularly great in those conditions

beardie
    Free Member

was up stoughton way tuesday mainly fsa dry with just one boggy bit, seems to be drying out nicely round here, looking forward to getting out in the morning 😀

richen987
    Free Member

sorry was not back on till this evening, out of winch up to Chesfoot head round all the back ended up over micheldever woods and looped back to Winch, if you ever fancy a ride, give us a shout as we are out a lot more at the moment and we are going to try a regular Thursday evening ride when the clocks go back.
    my email is ric_hen987@hotmail.com

Taff
    Free Member

Went out today. Had planned a 30miler but my legs gave out so ended up only doing 20. Thought the conditions were awesome to begin with as everything was really dry but 10miles in and found some mud, not all claggy but really slippery. Still was good to get out on the bike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Winchester end: current conditions?’ is closed to new replies.