Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • South downs way eastbourne end
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

Hey guys, what are the current riding conditions from eastbourne for about 30 miles?

Cheers!

JoB
    Free Member

on the hard-packed chalky bits you’ll be fine (watch out for the slippy green bits though) but anywhere with grass is quite waterlogged, making riding along the tops harder than the climbs
    and some bits will be deep churned mud

scrumfled
    Free Member

kinawful.

I was out for a blast the other night and aborted on kingston ridge, its a bizarre mix of draggy and slippery. Draggy uphill and slippery downhill.

It all depends on your personal tolerance level I guess 😉

richardthird

Yep awful. Although some loon did the whole thing in just over 10h on Monday.

spooky_b329

I was up above Kingston on Monday and had to push up one field and push part of a flat field where the bike just sunk two inches leaving you spinning the rear wheel on the spot!

There’s also some interesting tracks where a farmer has managed to zig zag his sideways pickup along the field just metres from a very steep drop and getting back to the track by the skin of his teeth!

I managed 28 miles on a single speed though, just got to have a sense of humour for the worst bits!

tomaso
    Free Member

Mate did Eastbourne to Lewes and back at the weekend and seemed rapid enough. The bottoms with clay will be a shitefest but on chalk paths once you climb a wee bit should be firm if a wee bit greasy

cyclistm
    Free Member

10 hrs in the current conditions is incredible!!

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Pretty much the same everywhere then! Could be hitting swinley instead i think!

10 hours in the dry is impressive.. howd he do it in these conditions??!

birdage

Going down Kingston Ridge just gets funnier and funnier every year. It’s not going to end well.

cyclistm
    Free Member

On the chalk or the grass?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘South downs way eastbourne end’ is closed to new replies.