Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • South Downs Way Double Double ride is go
  • jekkyl

This is a story of a man completed addicted to cycling, he’s just been mainlinig his drug for 2 days solid and is now on a massive come down. (& eat & sleep) That manly stance pictured a few days ago, which some mocked, is very well deserved imo.

robcolliver
    Free Member

billybadger
    Free Member

Fantastic – well impressed! Well done Sir.

robcolliver
    Free Member

I just got to read the whole thread in detail (and with a clear head) and realised that piccie had already been posted – oops.

Having all you can eat curry in the pub with the whole crew tonight!

tmb467
    Free Member

but the sign said “all you can eat”

jambalaya
    Free Member

ealised that piccie had already been posted – oops.

I think the whole of STW will let you off in the circumstances

robcolliver
    Free Member

I was sat at home yesterday waiting for a new fridge, so I finished my blog with a summary of the ride!

https://southdownswaydoubledouble.wordpress.com/

and take a peek at the ‘mission accomplished’ tab.

I’m off to do some downhilling and catching a van to the top.

robcolliver
    Free Member

and there are a bunch of piccies on the South Downs Mountain Bike club page on FB

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.842143619206654&type=1

LenHankie

Having ridden Winchester to Storrington (about halfway) last Friday and been nearly broken by it (the weather was atrocious), I’m in awe of this achievement. Hat’s off to you! Well done!

chiefgrooveguru

Congratulations! I kept checking in on this thread and the live tracking throughout your ride and remain astounded by the whole endeavour. I’m done after a 5 hour ride, let alone 55 hours!!!!!!

boltonjon

I’m still in awe – incredible acheivement!!

Rob – just the one puncture during the whole ride or did you have more mechanicals?

robcolliver
    Free Member

Just the one puncture. I think my SPOT was a little slow to get in the game early on.

Oh, my gps turned itself off 35 times (all on bumpy downhill sections)…. I think it missed a couple of miles overall as I didn’t always notice it straight away. It is a Garmin Etrex Legend and about 5 years old. I had wedgied the battery terminals as they say in the ‘fix’ but it still randomly turned itself off.

It took an hour to get the track in order using Basecamp; if anybody wants the file, I’ll find out how to publish it (assistance welcome here)

boltonjon

wow – 400 miles and only one mechanical

I was in a group who suffered 18 punctures between Truleigh Hill and Eastbourne one wet afternoon – it was emotional 🙁

Jamz
    Free Member

Just seen this thread – absolutely mind boggling effort – I’m in awe, congradulations!!

I shall think of you next time I’m fretting about a century on the road bike and no doubt that thought will banish all worries from my mind.

superfli
    Free Member

Only just noticed this too!
    Amazing achievement, I cant comprehend how anyone could put themselves and their arse through that lol!
    I still havent done the single (in a day) 😳 – I wont bother telling anyone if I do!

robcolliver
    Free Member

How about that?

The new edition of MBR just did a page about my ride and its pretty darn accurate.

It brings back happy memories of a great weekend ride!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wots MBR? 😕

Anyways, we enjoyed following you 😀

robcolliver
    Free Member

Well, a year on since the SDW double double and I’m just off on an ITT of the Tour Divide.
    Its not a cheap game this one.
    So, next year could be a sub 50 hour double double (and I can be home in time for tea) instead of taking about 4 days to get back from Antelope Wells to England.

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Double Double ride is go’ is closed to new replies.