Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • South Downs Way: Anyone got a GPX file for Winchester to Brighton?
  • caspian
    Free Member

A group of eight friends are riding Winchester – Brighton on the road in an event dubbed ‘to g*y town on g*y bikes!’ (my apologies to anyone living in Brighton who rides a fixie). A mate and I are looking to ‘race’ them (fair old head start which we are still trying to figure out) via the South Downs Way.

Could be being overzealous in the planning and this is a long shot but – has anyone got a GPX file (as per thread title)?

Much appreciated if so!

rbosullivan at yahoo dot co dot uk

proflexforever
    Free Member

this any good for you??

LINK

caspian
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s a great little site. We were looking for an interesting, non traffic-laden way of dropping into Brighton from the SDW (plus a clear marking point so we don’t miss it) but as it’s such a short distance and we will be half dead by then I guess it’s not such a big deal.

Thanks for your help.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Best bet maybe to turn right when you get to Devils Dyke – there’s a fire road that runs from there to the outskirts of Hove and then a Cycle lane all the way down tot he seafront.

After that the next point would be to take a right at Pyecombe and go beside the A23 but it’s a less pleasant ride into town (although if you’re heading back out to that point to carry on the next day it’s not a climb).

Then Ditchling Beacon would be next choice, this is mostly a road route n unless you take a slightly convoluted route through Stanmer.

caspian
    Free Member

DD option sounds good – many thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way: Anyone got a GPX file for Winchester to Brighton?’ is closed to new replies.