Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • South Downs Easter Ride-anyone up for it?
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

We did one at Christmas in pretty miserable conditions, so how about another one now the weather is getting better. Easter Saturday (3rd April?), or perhaps the Monday?
    I have a route and start/finish point in mind, which just happens to be a pub… 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

So spill the beans… From where to where? The south downs are pretty extensive you know!

KevinPP
    Free Member

Fair enough. Similar area to last time, starting/finishing at the Amsterdam in Shoreham (2 mins from the A27). Lots of singletrack, some fun descents and decent climbs.

bullheart
    Free Member

I'm in.

bigsi
    Free Member

If I'm about i may well join you for this one as i don't ride over Shoreham way often enough !

There are also a few of the Sussex-MTB lot who live in Shoreham so you might want to put it on the arrange a ride forum of that website as well 😉

muggomagic

I'm up for it. May I suggest the red lion as a start finish if we do it on the Monday? It's the beer fest that weekend and it's generally relatively quiet during the day on BH Monday. It will be heaving on Saturday though.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Sounds good.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Seeing as the Red Lion is literally just over the road from the Amsterdam we can decide on the watering hole when we get back. 🙂
    Saturday at 10:00am?

KevinPP
    Free Member

OK, meet at the Amsterdam, Shoreham By Sea, Sat 3rd April.
    9.45 for 10:00am start. 25-30 miles, couple of tough climbs, as much singletrack as possible. 3-4 hours I guess depending on the mechanical/puncture count. Choice of pubs for post ride food and drink.

http://streetmap.co.uk/grid/520785,105873,120

singletrackmind

Hopefully I should be able to make this. The Red Lion sometimes takes my beer too, so a chance for some product evaluation. I think i can get the train home to Havant from Shoreham without changing trains. Lets hope its dry and sunny, sounds good.

chiefgrooveguru

If I don't damage myself or the bike before then I shall be there too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Easter Ride-anyone up for it?’ is closed to new replies.