Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • South coast DH Roadtrip – Devon/dorest/cornwall 31stAug – 5th Sept.
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Right im intending to head down south for some riding between the 31st August and the 5th sept. Mostly going to be aiming to ride DH and i know a lot of people on here mostly ride XC but I know a few DH'ers hide on here so:

Im looking to be hitting places like UKBP, tavi, gawton (uplift) SW extreme, combe sydenham , tricombe, cann woods etc. Any other suggestions appreciated but im mainly looking to ride DH.

Im thinking of trying to get an uplift at Gawton in on Sat 5th Sept.

Major problem is that the majority of the guys and gals i ride with are either off to canada or are unable to have any more time off.

So im on the scrounge for people to ride with – mostly just so there's someone to spot my feet sticking out of tree/bush/mud and pull me out.

Obviously sensible idea as im heading from mids -south would be to hit UKBP then a couple of days around Tavi / cann / then up lift at gawton.

Im either going to be doing this in the camper (if its working by then) or in the volvo and sleeping rough / b&b's in the back with the bike etc.

So if anyone is up for showing a midlander (note not northerner) around the south there might be some beers in it for you.

Cheers

Johnty

jam-bo

drop me a line when you know your plans. I live about five mins from gawton.

jam-bo

and tree-magnet lives about ten minutes from UKBP.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Cheeers nice one – looking to get an uplift on the sat 5th / sun 6th with any luck.

Looks like i should head back over to abuse the mlehers as well 🙂

neilforrow

I am going to be doing an uplift at gawton around then… so will be about…

the trails around exeter / haldon have been felled recently… not worth riding there….

sounds live you have got the major spots covered.

Like Jam Bo said… send me an email.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hey Neil a fellow rock-licker eh?. Excellent.

Can you both drop me an email – email in profile and i'll get some organising done.

It looks like there is an uplift on sat 5th sept at gawton with plenty of spaces on it if you guys fancy it.

J

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

DH tour – a hippy – whats not to like!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

All the lads who ride at SW Extreme normally meet on a Wednesday night. Not my cup of tea (prefer a few hours on the moors) but supposed to be pretty good up there.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Join the hippy side, for DH – You know you want too!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Anymore for anymore – you know you love DH deep down really.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘South coast DH Roadtrip – Devon/dorest/cornwall 31stAug – 5th Sept.’ is closed to new replies.