Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • South African postal service – how bad!?
  • grtdkad

So, eight months to the day, we’ve received a Carbon Handlebar that we’d despatched to Pretoria. Back through our UK letterbox.
    WTAF, I had heard that they had an issue in SA and a colossal backlog but kind of shocked that they’ve just reverted to a Return to Sender mode.

I’ve been in touch with my eBay buyer to let him know a credit is available …
    😕

garage-dweller

My wife has just asked if her sister’s Christmas present sent in 2014 is with it and she’s surprised it got back to you so quick (or at all).

Shred
    Free Member

No surprise unfortunately. Any state institution in SA is a joke. Take a look at the SABC (state broadcaster) to see how bad things are.

grtdkad

Yup. Lesson learnt.

spekkie
    Free Member

In answer to your question – it is very bad indeed.

We don’t even bother sending cards/gifts/letters anymore. In fact when my step-mother wanted to send something from SA to NZ, she bought it with her on hols to the UK and posted it from Bognor Regis! It got there fine. Sadly experience has shown that anything that looks remotely valuable will not make it through the SA system. At one point Amazon actually refused to ship to SA – no idea if that’s still the case or not.

I’m amazed that you got anything back.

MoreCashThanDash

All we hear from my relatives out there is how bad it is. Christmas cards either way arrive months late. Given up on birthday cards, just send emails.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘South African postal service – how bad!?’ is closed to new replies.