Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sourcing 26 inch tyres
  • kraken2345
    Free Member

So I might just be stating the obvious given the whole “26 is dead” thing but I’m struggling to source newer versions of 26 inch tyres that I know are being produced but don’t seem to be in stock anywhere.

Running a dhf/dhr2 currently but am curious to try out a minion ss or aggressor on the rear and moving the dhr2 to the front for a while. My usual mainstream bike retailer and backup ebay search has sadly failed me.

Cheers

Matt24k
    Free Member

Tried these guys? mtb 26 tyres

kelvin

When Maxxis launched the SS, they said that the 26″ version would be hitting the shelves a while behind the other sizes.

I’ll be getting one in the spring/summer, if they’re available then, when it’ll be more useful than now anyway.

poah
    Free Member

both bike-discount.de and .bike-components.de have the aggressor

I run a spesh Slaughter on the rear of my suppressor most of the year. used it at glentress last week

onandon
    Free Member

All of the schwalbe stuff is available from crc. Lots of maxis stuff too.

Can’t see the problem with availability of 26 – lots available.

kraken2345
    Free Member

poah – Thanks for the tip, I haven’t used the european websites but just ordered an aggressor, very helpful.

Northwind

Uk maxxis availability can be very slow tbh, they’re pretty conservative about what they bring in sometimes too. Pretty sure my fatbike minions were delivered from the states by rowing boat but they still arrived ages before UK stock frinstance. It’s pretty annoying when the stuff exists but you just can’t buy it.

Easy to find a Rock Razor though if you’re not obsessed with yellow logos?

kraken2345
    Free Member

When it dries up and I’m looking for a semi slick now I’ve got the aggressor I’ll look into the rock razor, a couple brands designs are basically identical anyway it seems

poah
    Free Member

Evans have the slaughter for £35

Simon

I wanted a Minion SS last year for the back of my Pitch. I ended up with a Rock Razor.

papamountain
    Free Member

Same as above. Maxxis would sell me a SS direct for £50 but not available in any shops. I went with a Rock Razor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sourcing 26 inch tyres’ is closed to new replies.