Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Soup/breadandbutter. Ratio
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I upped the ante this morning to three slices of satans own white bread and butter with a tin of soup. I could still go more…

clipper68
    Free Member

You can never have too much bread with soup. Lots of butter too. In a perfect world, you shouldn’t need a spoon.

ton

I had a chip butty yesterday…….I am a sinner.. 😳

nickjb
    Free Member

+1

Ideally just keep dunking until all the soup is gone.

clipper68
    Free Member

Maybe a spoon on standby for chunky soup…..

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m sure a tin of carrot and coriander is better than the usual fried sausage and egg butty. Tad harsh for morning break but spot when its cold like this morning!

z1ppy

It’s National chip week Ton, your just showing it support, like myself last night!

As for soup.. it’s dependant on the soup IMO, good soup shouldn’t need much bread, poor stuff does.

Cougar

I used to have four slices of Warby’s toastie with a typical can of Heinz’ finest. Usually “only” have three these days.

It’s National chip week Ton

Chips in soup, anyone? Tin of cream of tomato and a bag of chips, dinner of champions.

tonyd

3 slices of well buttered white with a tin of Heinz tomato, lovely! Or two doorsteps of fresh.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Three slices of bread and butter? I have more than that with a Pot Noodle.

I agree, leave the spoon along until you need to get the chunky bits out of the bowl. While it’s still wet in there, you need more bread and butter.

You can even spoon the chunky bits onto some bread and make a sandwich.

hooli

I quite like carrot and coriander soup dosed with Tabasco sauce and black pepper, needs to be a crispy roll to dunk rather than bread though

Cougar

leave the spoon along until you need to get the chunky bits out of the bowl.

You need the spoon to fish out the bread you’ve broken up and left soaking in there.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

5x.

Toast not bread and butter.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Why butter? Surely makes the bread less absorbent?

Tin of cream of tomato and a bag of chip

This sounds quite good! I’m partial to a chip korma 🙂 Tray of korma sauce from curry-house, next door for bag o’ fried delight from chippie and I’m a happy boy :mrgreen:

razorrazoo

One of those half size baguettes from the supermarket bakery is the perfect soup accompaniment.

tonyd

Why butter? Surely makes the bread less absorbent?

If it’s cold butter then it makes for a lovely contrast to hot soup, especially tomato. Has to be proper butter mind, not marge.

Cougar

I’m partial to a chip korma

I’ve been known to do the same, only madras. It’s bombay aloo, right? (-:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Soup/breadandbutter. Ratio’ is closed to new replies.