Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Soup and Smoothie recipes please !
  • renton
    Free Member

Wife has just bought a new soup/smoothie making machine so now we are after some good recipes please!!

cheers

Steve

nickc

soup and smoothie doesn’t make for a nice meal.

renton
    Free Member

Soup with some crusty bread does.

Smoothies do after.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cheekyboy
    Free Member

I bought a cheap breville blender to make pre and post ride smoothies, also use it to make quick soups.
    Soup 1 : i x medium onion, 1 x medium carrot, 2 x trimmed celery, chop up to fit in, top up with enough water to to allow a soup consistency and blitz until smooth, I then add half a can of tinned toms or a full one if sharing, pour the lot into a pan and take to the boil, once boiling starts turn off heat and allow to cool to eating temp, then add a little stock powder (that swiss vegetable one) and re-heat gently, quick, simple, filling and IMO delicious.

My pre-ride smoothie, liquid breakfast
    2 x weetabix, 1 large bannana, large dollop of crunchy peanut butter and semi-skimmed milk as required, blitz until smooth normally consumed one hour prior to setting off on a ride, good for a 20 miler (imo)

this is the one

http://www.very.co.uk/breville-vbl062-blend-active/1377970332.prd?aff=google&affsrc=acquisition&cm_mmc=google-_-PLA+-+Electricals-_-Electricals+-+Appliances+-+Kitchen-_-_63938670898&k_clickid=056d8efb-24c5-9a29-b259-00005d6df2a7&kpid=15218931&gclid=CIO0jrTassUCFa_LtAodXEEAaA

neilthewheel

Butternut squash and sweet potato soup: Peel, chop aforementioned and an onion. Do the usual onion/oil thing and chuck in the veg too for 5 mins. Add vegetable stock, salt, pepper and bay leaf. When cooked remove bay leaf and whizz the soup until smooth? Yum yum.

neilthewheel

Banana and avocado smoothie : ripe banana and avocado, glass of milk, plain yoghurt, seeds, maybe some honey, lemon or lime juice.

renton
    Free Member

We had the butternut squash and sweet potato earlier and I found it a bit bland.

eskay

We have one, they are great.

My favourite:

A couple of chicken breasts cook and chop before putting in soup maker.
    One tin of chopped toms
    One onion chopped
    Crush a couple of cloves of garlic
    One tablespoon medium curry powder
    Chilli flakes to taste
    Top up to Max with chicken stock

Set machine to smooth, sit back and wait for the good stuff.

Curried parsnip is good but cannot remember the recipe off the top of my head.

Chicken , noodles, sweetcorn, onion, chilli flakes and chicken stock is good. Again cook chicken first then make soup on chunky setting.

Be aware that too many chunky things can smother the element and cause the thermostat to trip.

carlos
    Free Member

Bit of a twist on the Butternut Squash/Sweet Potato soup is to add in some red peppers and a couple of decent chillies.

Smoothie –
    Mixed frozen berries
    Banana
    150ml (ish) Orange or mixed fruit juice
    Pot of Yogurt (natural or vanilla)
    Squidge of honey

rewski
    Free Member
    righog
    Free Member

I did all the ( almost ) red things in the Fridge soup.

Tomatoes
    Carrots
    red peppers
    chillies

blended it all then cooked it with water. sieved it.

It was horible

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

We had the butternut squash and sweet potato earlier and I found it a bit bland.

Did you cook them first? The best flavour from either of these is when they’re practically nuked in the oven, oozing sugary goo…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Soup and Smoothie recipes please !’ is closed to new replies.