Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Soundbars – what do i need to know?
  • smogmonster

Im considering a soundbar for the TV, as the crappy speakers are getting on my wick. I dont want a surround system as i cant be arsed with the wires everywhere, so im guessing a soundbar is the best solution. I know sodall about them though so i ready to be enlightened by the STW collective.

withersea
    Free Member

Have a look at richer sounds for reductions on the higher end models reduced to a reasonable price. You can get bars for less than £200 but they aren’t great so I ended up with a surround sound and took the time to get the cabling put in as tidily as possible.

legend
    Free Member

I don’t know much about such things, but I do that this one’s working very well for me (and that reviews seem to back me up): http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/lg/nb4530/lg-nb4530

JulianA
    Free Member

Orbitsound ones from John Lewis sound amazing – the only reason we didn’t buy one is that we already have decent hifi and wanted the sound from the television through our speakers. Bought a Cambridge Audio DAC from Richer Sounds instead – and it sounds excellent.

The Orbitsound sound bars are apparently designed by an ex Eagles and Who sound engineer…

RustySpanner

I had one of those, fell for the advertising.

I Won’t Get Fooled Again.

Sorry.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yamaha.

infidel
    Free Member

I’ve got an orbitsound t9 and like it very much,

jon773
    Free Member

Two types. Surround sound versions like the £800 yamaha, which is very well rated. Or regular 2.1 sound like the LG or Boston TVee.

I didn’t need the surround and bought a Boston TVee, it’s fine and sounds a lot better.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have an LG NB3520A – very good reviews and I am very impressed with it.

Leku
    Free Member

I have the Orbit. Good sound but the remote is rubbish. Annoyingly to have yet another remote for just the volume.

onandon
    Free Member

Yamaha is the way forward

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Soundbars – what do i need to know?’ is closed to new replies.