Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Soundbar with sub – any recommendations please?
  • cinnamon_girl

Any advantage with having wireless sub? Is hdmi socket necessary on soundbar?

Observations and experience welcome.

Thanks. 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

We have a Roth bar 3 with seperate sub woofer and Bluetooth and so play the phones through it as well 🙂
    Excellent sound with lots of bass if needed
    Connects to tv through optical audio lead which is included in box
    Got ours through richer sounds around the £180 mark

cinnamon_girl

Thanks stumpy. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got an earlier version of this Orbitsound. The version I have doesn’t have a wireless sub or bluetooth but its very good.

I don’t need bluetooth as I have an apple tv anyway, and the wires for the sub were easily run under carpet.

ElShalimo

JBL SB400 for £250 at Richer Sounds
    Great bit of kit if you have room
    Wireless sub, Bluetooth connectivity, 3 hdmi inputs

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Gary but out of my price bracket. 🙂

ElShalimo – blimey, check out the weight of that sub! 😯 System does get a good review though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use an optical cable from tv to soundbar btw so HDMI isn’t necessary for me.

ElShalimo

The JBL also has an optical cable connection too
    The sub is heavy but gives great bass and can be anywhere in the room as it is wireless
    We love ours

brassneck

Just bought a Roth II with Bluetooth for playing back tunes for £80 from Tesco Direct. Picking it up after work so I can let you know what I think later!

No separate sub if that is massively important to you, but it gets good reviews. Has optical in for sound and I think HDMI (have to check, looked at a few before buying this one)

There was a £10 voucher off on the website if you click’n’collect too.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks again, plenty to check out. 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Love my Yamaha. A few years old now, but great. Ran it with a sub for a while, but subsequently sold it.

HDMI occasionally gets it’s knickers in a twist and the TV needs a powercycle. During that time you get a reminder of how shite the sound from the TV speakers really is.

andyfla
    Free Member

Sonos with the sound bar – superb sound, but not cheap

Jason
    Free Member

We have an LG sound bar with wireless sub. Part of the reason I bought it was that it fits under the TV and integrates into the LG TV stand. Also the TV remote controls the volume on both. I think it was £250ish from Richer Sounds. Very pleased with it, the wireless sub is great as it means no trailing wires. Sound quality seems good to me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Soundbar with sub – any recommendations please?’ is closed to new replies.