• This topic has 29 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by core.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Soul survivor.
  • chorlton
    Free Member

Just had my old Cotic Soul powder coated.
    What do you think?

[/url]IMG_20161115_163301043[/img]

[/url]IMG_20161119_145249503[/img]

Satin Ruby Red. Ral 3003 courtesy of Fast Line Coatings in Preston. Superb job.

Yes that is a hen behind it.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

In a world of fluro plastic enduro gnaaaarrrrrrrrr posing machines I am so glad you posted pics of your bike. Love the colour 🙂 proper old school / timeless classic.

MoreCashThanDash

My black Mk1 could do with being resprayed. Rather like that colour.

matt_outandabout

Is that breathable paint on the masonry?

Nice red and bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thats a WOW from me 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

The seat post was well seized and I tried all sorts so I chopped it down and poured caustic soda down it.

[/url]IMG_20160912_134154720[/img]

That did it.

[/url][/img]

🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Nice! My mk2 BFe is off getting re-done in Kawasaki green with silver flake 😀

Are those downtube wrap stickers easy to apply?

chorlton
    Free Member

Are those downtube wrap stickers easy to apply?

Surprisingly yes. Although it took me a while to be brave enough to do it. 🙂

They come with a hole to go over the bottle mount thingy and I just lined it up with rack of th’eye. Smoothed it down with a cloth.

dannyh
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Maybe I am bit odd but I can’t tell you how happy it makes me seeing that “old” bike looking a million dollars. It’s going to trick everyone too “I didn’t know they dolid a Soul in that colour”

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear, kenda nevegals I’m surprised your still alive, in true a stw stylee i shall wee in your shoes for such a faux pas 😉 nice bike btw

slackboy

I like that a lot.

NormalMan

Looks 8)

codybrennan
    Free Member

chorlton
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Nevagals? After fannying about for ages with two sets of Conti Mountain Kings, I’m just glad that they go round in a circle. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Was in 18 Bikes earlier discussing obselete bike standards after rebuilding my Soul last year – straight steerer forks, QR, 27mm seat posts, not being able to go 2x etc

They still look great when they are done though.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Thought about getting a tapered head tube welded on and then a respray for mine….this has got me thinking….gulf blue/orange anyone?!

jekkyl

I have a 26″ soul too and I like that colour a lot. I was consiering a purple for mine. How much did it cost?
    rocking the triple too, nice one….

kayla1
    Free Member

Thought about getting a tapered head tube welded on and then a respray for mine….this has got me thinking….gulf blue/orange anyone?!

Ooh… who could do the head tube swap? I’ve got another archaic & obsolete frame (2011 🙄 ) I’d like to drag kicking and screaming up to date.

Gulf, yes, with a white circle with a black number 26 in it on the head tube, all GT40-like 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

Looks great! (I have a Soul too, an orange one)

superstu
    Free Member

That’s classy. Bonus points for use of caustic soda

shermer75
    Free Member

Did you have to cut the seatpost in half lengthways?

chorlton
    Free Member

It was £90 to have it powder coated. I know that it’s a bit more than some, but the finish is first class and they had the colour I wanted.
    When I took the frame in he showed me exactly what they do.
    Dipped it, blast it, give a coat of phosphate and then the powder coat.
    Masked off and bunged up everything that needed bunging.

As regards to the seat post. I just cut it down and left the caustic soda to do its thing and it fell in half. Powerful stuff.

TimothyD
    Free Member

That’s what I was wondering, about cutting in half length ways…

Bike looks great!

jamj1974

Nice bike OP! Looks great in the red.

That’s sounds ace Kayla. Pics when done please!

Plumslikerocks. Definitely like the sound of that.

kayla1
    Free Member

Will do! I’m jolly excited about it- where’s me stuff?!? 😆

Northwind

Nice! I keep seeing how cheap 26er Souls are now and being tempted back. Though none of your colourful frippery, black and white is the only valid colour…

dirtydog
    Free Member

Lovely job.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

lurvely!

core

I had a mk2 black soul, then a mk3 in green. Sold them both and gone full sus with the 26″ bits for now.

120mm dual air reba’s (straight steerer, 15mm axle) still hanging in shed though, and a hankering for another soul – they’re just brilliant, no nonsense bikes, can do a bit of everything, and there are some 27.2mm droppers around these days….

I loved my mk2, so much so I got the mk3 as I though I’d keep a soul forever and ‘upgraded’ for the bigger seat tube and tapered head tube to future proof it. Never quite loved it as much though.

Love the colour, very similar to that on the new 26″ Bfe, looks ace. eBay awaits………..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Soul survivor.’ is closed to new replies.