Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Soul riders – bar width and stem length ?
  • iainc

Looking to tweak mine a bit 🙂

currently on a late model 26’er, with Easton Haven 711mm bars and 70cm stem. Ordered the same bars in 740mm flavour and a 60mm stem. I am intrigued to see what difference I will feel….

andytherocketeer

I went from 710mm bars / 70mm stem to 740mm bars and a 60mm stem.

Was a similar thread a couple of weeks back…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-perfect-cotic-soul-set-up

Klunk
    Free Member

600 and something on a 70mm stem, I’m very 2006 though 🙂

iainc

Thanks, I posted on that one, but it seemed to die a death fairly quick.

Andy – given you made the same changes as I am planning, does it feel much/any different, and if so in what way ?

martinhutch

Same – ended up with 747 bars and 65mm stem. That was on a small that was possibly slightly too small though.

andytherocketeer

It feels quite different. But I also changed forks from 100mm Magura to 120mm Rockshox at the same time, so much of the difference is there.

iainc

thanks for feedback. Mine is staying on 120mm Reba’s

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bars for the rider not the bike.

iainc

Well, new stem and bars on tonight and a wee play on the street and it feels a little different. Will try and get a proper ride in soon…

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m on a large 26″ and 6ft tall.
    740 bars and 70 stem but with 150 forks
    Cheers
    Steve

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Got a 50mm stem on mine at the moment, preferred it with a 40mm though but I stole that one for my full suss 😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bars for the rider not the bike.

What Mike said a week ago. I went with a 50mm stem on my BFe and tried the bars at a couple of lengths before settling on what suited my body shape 😳 Will measure later this week

iainc

Indeed, but given that many riders, who haven’t grown in width in the last decade, have gone from 650 to 750 plus bars, there must be more to it than that…..

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Not necessarily on the Soul but It generally I’ve gone from 685 bars with 80-100 mm stem to 35-50 stem and 800 bars on 3 bikes and 750 bars with 50 stem on another and 750 bars and 70 stem on my Soul.
    Steve

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Indeed, but given that many riders, who haven’t grown in width in the last decade, have gone from 650 to 750 plus bars, there must be more to it than that…..

Choice used to be rubbish, it’s not now. Bar width suits your arms, shoulders etc and in that way it’s personal.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve got 750mm bars and a 40mm stem on my (small, late 26″) Soul, same as I’ve got on the Flare so they sort of feel the same-ish (and also to pander to my compulsion for stuff to be the same.)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Soul riders – bar width and stem length ?’ is closed to new replies.