Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Soul paint chip repair?
  • honourablegeorge

I’ve just dropped a C-Clamp on my Soul in the shed, and it’s taken a MASSIVE* chip of paint out of the top tube, down to the metal. What’s the best way to repair that, short of powdercoating? Aside form cosmetics, would prefer to keep the steel protected.

*pretty small, to be honest, but you know….

BigJohn

853 doesn’t rust. Wear it as a badge of honour.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Go to your nearest toy/model shop and buy a small pot of Humbrol enamel (yep – the stuff your dad used to paint his airfix kits with!), plus some small brushes (zero or double zero size) to go with it. If you can’t find the exact colour, mix two colours and test somewhere it won’t be noticed (like under the bottom bracket) until you get a match. Build it up in 2-3 thin layers.

Get some satin black while you’re about it, as its great for covering scratches on bars/wheel rims/cranks etc.

Of course it won’t look perfect, but you’ll learn to live with it after a while.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simon1975

I use clear nail varnish to protect the bare metal, and live with the scars.

chiefgrooveguru

Revell gloss no. 30 enamel is the recommended match for an orange Soul.

honourablegeorge

It’s a black soul, should have said. Will check out the enamel paint.

sandwicheater

Hmmm, sounds like it’s ruined. I’ll take it of your hands for £10 and a pack of jaffa cakes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Soul paint chip repair?’ is closed to new replies.