Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • soul and soda differences
  • karnali
    Free Member

apart from the frame material any major riding differences? From the website they are about 0.9lbs different in weight is it worth the extra money for the soda?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

As you say there’s about a 1lb in weight, which is pretty noticeable. The ride quality isn’t massively different – the Soda has a little more of a spring to it’s gait (about the only way I can describe it).

It’s difficult to quantify the differences, but although I still love riding my (now a Simple) Soul, my Soda is just all round betterer…

Ride both (ideally back to back) is about the only advice I can give. You’ll know then if the Soda is worth the extra.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I had both and tbh there wasn’t a vast difference. Unless you plan on a real lightweight build you won’t notice the frame weight difference. Better off getting a Soul and some light forks and wheels. If anything I found the Soul stiffer than the Soda. Of course if you planned on keeping the frame for 10 years or more that could be an argument for the Soda.

karnali
    Free Member

James have you had an inbred or scandal as well if so how does the soul compare

ta

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’ve actually got 2 Inbreds now – one is a knackered old 853 version and the other is a Ti456. The biggest factor for me is that an 18″ Inbred seems to fit me almost perfectly in the way that a Medium Soul/Soda never did. I tried a Large Soul and that felt too big. I’m just 6 feet tall btw. It may also be that I prefer the geometry of the Inbreds to the Cotics but I don’t understand why. The finish on the Cotics is very nice though, especially on the Soul for some reason. I don’t think you would be unhappy with either. It probably also depends what fork you intend running on it – that may influence your choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘soul and soda differences’ is closed to new replies.