Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sorting photos based on EXIF data
  • Cougar

During a recent holiday, my OH and I both copied photos from our camera SD cards onto her iPad. Despite trying to keep them in separate albums the pad in its wisdom seems to have munged them all together.

If I were to copy them off to a PC, is there a quick & dirty way of separating them out based on camera type? Ie, sort them into two directories depending on which camera was used? I’m guessing this is possible using EXIF data, but it’s not something I’ve ever had cause to do.

Cheers.

cranberry
    Free Member

it would be scriptable in perl, but I don’t know of an off the shelf program that would do it.

If no one comes up with an easy way, then let me know and I’ll fire up UltraEdit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

won’t the filenames make it obvious?

Shackleton

I’d be interested too. I had a quick go at uploading some pics onto the iPad and seemed to lose all of the exif data when it went through the “cloud”.

kevj
    Free Member

Not on a pc so could be wrong here.

Right click and display files as ‘details’ within folder.

Right click on the sub menu bar were there are tabs such as filename, date created filesize etc and you will get a pop up menu. Look through the list of options and select camera model or another applicable tab. Then sort by that tab.

Should work from memory.

Cougar

Oooooh. Cunning, yes, I reckon that should work. Good thinking, Batman.

Cheers all. I’ll have a play at the weekend.

richmars

Yes, kevj is right, I can sort by camera, camera make, and about a million other fields. (on a Vista PC)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sorting photos based on EXIF data’ is closed to new replies.