Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sorry…What is it worth? (Dialled Alpine Content)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Well due to my circumstances changing I think i might have to sell the Alpine, as it is just not being given the beating it deserves. Probably going to get something off the peg and more XC orientated until i can get to places with gradients!

Anyways, I know it will pay me to split but time is an issue so just wondering what people thought a decent value could be?

Dialled Alpine Frame 15.5"/22" (VGC) – 08
    RS Pike 454 Coil U-Turn – 08
    RaceFace Diablous Bars – 08
    Thomson Elite Seatpost – 08
    SDG Saddle – £20 (RRP £40)
    FSA Pig Pro Headset – 09
    Shimano 776 Wheels – 08
    Maxxis Ignitors LUST 2.35 – 09
    Thomson X4 Stem
    '08 XT Groupset inc Brakes – All '08 with except Deore middle ring/chain in last few months.
    e13 Bashguard – 08
    Front XTR 203mm Rotor – '08
    Rear 180mm XTR Rotor – '08
    Salsa Seat Clamp – 08
    Lizard Skin Peaty Grips – 09
    SDG Bell Air Cromo Saddle – 08

rockitman

That's a lovely looking bike. Not anywhere near my size but I shouldn't think you'd have any trouble shifting it as it looks great.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I got 250 for an Alpine frame on eBay a few months ago

cynic-al
    Free Member

You'd lose less money just buying/selling frames.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Is that a 70mm stem? If you're going for a more XC build I have a 100mm Thomson X4 if you're interested in a swap.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hold onto it unless you're absolutely strapped.

You will lose a ton of money selling, you will spend more on the replacement than you intend as prices have risen. And you will miss the Alpine, even if you usually ride it in the lush turnip fileds of Peterborough which appear to be the backdrop to your picture.

🙂

redx

As above, I would say hold onto it. Maybe buy a 456 and swap everything onto it and run the forks at 100mm for a more XC feel (and at 140mm when you finally get somewhere with gradients….) and just sell the frame?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I agree. It's not like the Alpine is rubbish at xc.

firestarter
    Free Member

if your in need of cash but an xc bike id just flog the frame and get a 456 and then maybe change the forks for a lighter set

i did the same earlier in the year i sold my light wheels and bought some cheaper 321/hope ones sold the dale frame and forks and bought a 456 and some floats

ended up with a nice but different bike and a bit of cash too 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Pardon my ignorance, but isnt a 456 exactly the same kind of bike as the Alpine?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heavier/shorter/slacker/stronger.

firestarter
    Free Member

similar but more xc id have said esp suitable with shorter/adj forks

and he will lose less cash that way and still have a decent bike

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    cynic-al – Member

I agree. It's not like the Alpine is rubbish at xc.
    Posted 34 minutes ago # Report-Post

Well i have been doing 50+ mile XC rides on it….actually the more i thnk about it the more i am wondering why i put this thread up. As even if i sold it and bought something else i would probably end up with something of lesser spec and with only a few extra sovs in the back pocket. 😯

tinsy
    Free Member

They are both big hitting, long forked steel frame hardtails, I would have thought the overlap was huge, and weights similar.

The 456 certainly doesnt fit in with the more XC orentated ride the OP was talking about, only in as much as he could just XC up the Alpine and not bother changing at all.

My opinion would be to do just that XC what you have, escpecially if you like it, run some light tyres on it. Then you still have it for when you get the chance to ride it for what it was designed for.

If you fancy an XC bike and dont want to drag the wieght of a heavier duty bike about, there are loads of choices. Scandal, Rock Lobster team tig, for eg.

In answer to your question, god knows what its worth as bike or in bits, depends on the day from my experience of both the classified and Ebay.

edit, you just beat me with your post, keep it, XC it, and do what its made for when you get a chance, as it will cause no end of agro selling then buying again, and you would be lucky to break even on it all.

GW
    Free Member

Probably going to get something off the peg and more XC orientated until i can get to places with gradients!

FFS! simply wind the forks back to a more sensible 100mm travel setting.
    it's no XC race bike but other than the bars it's just a sensibly strong XC build.. Alpine's have far better geometry slammed anyway… (oh, yeah, IMO :roll:)

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone got a good nick grey 17/23 they want to swap for my goodnick grey 17/22 ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Why exactly are you selling? Do you need the cash or will it just not get the use it deserves?

If you need the cash, then condolences, it's a great bike to have to sell. The frame will go no problem for good money. I recently sold mine on here without even advertising. As for the parts, well leave the headset and clamp on the frame. Saves faffing and sweetens the deal. The rest seems like good spec kit so should go no problem.

If you are selling because you aren't using it as much as you could, don't sell it.

I only sold mine because I as never 100% happy with the fit. I seemed to be borderline on the sizing and went for the 15.5 rather that the 17. There was a lot of love there but it sadly wasn't to be.

Remember, act in haste – repent at leisure…

ackie
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    Anyone got a good nick grey 17/23 they want to swap for my goodnick grey 17/22 ?

I have a good nick 17/23 in Purple.

How tall are you?

scruff
    Free Member

6ft in thick socks but I dont really want purple.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sorry…What is it worth? (Dialled Alpine Content)’ is closed to new replies.