Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • sorry…fast rolling 29 tyres…
  • vondally
    Free Member

currently on 2.4 contis and 2.3 wtb…very comfortable but anything that rolls quicker is still stable and copes with soft conditions/ most rides are tarmac followed by gentle off road and trails due to injury.

tazzymtb

2.25 rocket rons, at low pressures are ace, silly light and grippy as chuf in all but the deepest of sloppy mud (not cheap though)

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bontrager 29-1 2.2 Team Issues. Not really a mud tyre but soft conditions means all sorts and you can’t have fast rolling and genuinely good in mud 🙂

IA

Ikon on the front, cross mark on the back.

nickdt
    Free Member

Conti X Kings 2.2. Tried loads of other stuff, some roll a little faster but don’t have the grip. These are awesome quiet and quick on Tarmac and enough grip for most soft stuff. Not brilliant in really soft stuff, but then again, that doesn’t seem to be what you are riding.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

2.4 Racing Ralphs are super plush, roll well on the tarmac and are surprisingly grippy in most conditions. The side lugs are pretty high so they corner well too.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

2.25″ Ralphs I find brilliant. Used the Ron’s once, they are good too but prefer ralphs myself.
    Plenty of grip as they are 29er and very fast.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Specialized ground control, a fast track or renegade if you want mega fast & proper tubeless for £30

pop-larkin
    Free Member

There you go – pretty much all different answers- are you clearer now?

I suppose where and how you ride comes into- fwiw I’m in the rocket Ron camp
    🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stans ‘The Crow’.

DaveE

Rapid Rob (Cheap as chips) on rear and Nobby Nic on the front.

robarnold
    Free Member

Spesh Fast Trak do what they say on the tin, but unfortunately yield very minimal and unpredictable grip…..race tyres only for me, Bonty XR 4s are going back on next week!

vondally
    Free Member

okay what is cheap?

Andy

Continentals from Wiggle with Quidco etc and EXTRA10 code

tazzymtb

bonty xr 1 is cheap as chips and quick, or some old kenda karma 1.9’s

tazzymtb

bonty xr 1 is cheap as chips and quick, or some old kenda karma 1.9’s

Andy

That Rapidrob is 790gms – heavier than the 2 1/2 inch Exiwolf I have on one bike!! 😯

icarus
    Free Member

Maxxis Crossmark rear and Ardent front works great for me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘sorry…fast rolling 29 tyres…’ is closed to new replies.