Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • sorry…dishwashers
  • overbikedagain
    Free Member

want to get my favourite aunt a new dishwasher…any good recommendations? other than bosch etc. she does use it a fair bit as the whole family visit stay fairly regularly..

MoreCashThanDash

Bosch here. Sorry.

prettygreenparrot

other than bosch etc.

Do you mean ‘not Bosch or Siemens’? Or ‘no premium German brands’?

loddrik
    Free Member

Have a Samsung. It works. Not much more I can say about it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why not a Bosch? If you really do like her surely you’d want to give her something that isn’t shi Whirlpool.

Oh, and the answer is probably Bosch. 🙂

martymac

had mine for 10 years, it was the cheapest one available in currys/dixons or somewhere.
    they are actually very simple machines, just buy a cheap one.
    i dont know what brand sticker has been stuck on mine.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The control panel on my mates Bosch dishwasher caught fire a couple of weeks ago.
    Luckily he was in so the house didn’t burn down!

Edit, just found this
    http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-05-27/bosch-hotpoint-dishwasher-recall/
    Bosch reports there have been 410 incidents in people’s homes
    Best check if your dishwashers are on the recall list . . .

digga
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member

The control panel on my mates Bosch dishwasher caught fire a couple of weeks ago.
    Luckily he was in so the house didn’t burn down! There’s only me and Mrs Digga (oh and dogs too) in the house, so our dishwasher hours are pretty low, but our Bosh is still going strong after more than 12 years service.

About ten years back, there was a recall on them; an engineer came and altered something on the circuit board, because a few had caught fire. Any amended machines carry a blue “R” sticker on the top, inside edge of the door. HTH

Bosh FTW.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The news story was from 2014 so still relatively recent.
    Always best to check.
    BTW I had a Bosch dishwasher for 15 years, that was a good/reliable machine and never once caught on fire 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

had mine for 10 years, it was the cheapest one available in currys/dixons or somewhere.
    they are actually very simple machines, just buy a cheap one.

This, but not because they are simple but (in my experience) the expensive ones are no better than cheap ones. I had a Smeg then a Siemens one and they both broke so now I just get the cheapest available.

We are in the middle of getting a new kitchen installed and despite it being a pretty expensive project, I haven’t bothered getting flash brand name appliances – I have bought a cheap Beko fridge and dishwasher costing a total of just over £350. When they break I will simply replace with another cheap one.

cp

Big fan of our slim Bosch one. Far better than sisters rubbish smeg thing which doesn’t seem to have the ability to wash dishes.

jb72
    Free Member

Finding it difficult to recommend anything other than Bosch … it’s all we’ve ever used. Not sure why you wouldn’t want one?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

we have a Beko here, it has a clever adjustable height top tray which I hadn’t seen before and it’s pretty quiet.

sharkbait
    Free Member

This, but not because they are simple but (in my experience) the expensive ones are no better than cheap ones. I had a Smeg then a Siemens one and they both broke so now I just get the cheapest available.

It’s not just about whether they break down or not – our Bosch makes less than half the noise that the racket our Whirlpool made (better choice of programs, options for removing or altering the trays and looks better also).

hammyuk
    Free Member

Slimline built in one from Ikea when we did the kitchen.
    Sensitive to salt levels/clean ability but faultless

cp

our Bosch makes less than half the noise that the racket our Whirlpool

very true, our Bosch is very quiet compared to many others

leftyboy
    Free Member

replaced my old bosch (it died after 10 years) with a smeg – both did the job but the smeg is very very quiet

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s not just about whether they break down or not – our Bosch makes less than half the noise that the racket our Whirlpool made (better choice of programs, options for removing or altering the trays and looks better also).

Fair enough – but on a very quick look on AO.com, the majority of Bosch (apart from one that is a very quiet 38db), they are all much of a muchness with Beko ones.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Always used to spend £5-600+ on washing machines. Only ever last 2-3yrs until they started shaking to bits. Last one I bought was a Beko model for less than £200 and its been fine (Wife says it doesn’t have enough programmes – whatever that means).

Anyhow, despite the fact its a bit crappy, it works, it owes us nothing and its now coming up to 4yrs old.

When I had the kitchen done recently we were given the option of upgrading to bosch appliances. It made no sense at all to spend the extra.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Our Bosch one is nice and quiet. Wouldn’t pay the sort of daft money that SMEG seem to command though.

jimw
    Free Member

Our Miele one is very quiet and coming up for 10 years old. One warranty job in the first two years-a failed solenoid that opened the detergent compartment- since then faultless.

parkesie
    Free Member

Zannusi.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Bosch, Siemens and Neff are all made by the same company btw and share many parts.

We got a Siemens recently. Nothing else to compare it to but it hasn’t broken yet and washes the dishes OK. It has a little drawer at the top for cutlery, rather than a basket down the bottom. I like that.

rossburton
    Free Member

We’ve always had Bosch but the new house has a Tecnik one integrated and it appears to be a Bosch with a different label on…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘sorry…dishwashers’ is closed to new replies.