• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by leth.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sorry – which flat pedals
  • crispo
    Free Member

Noticed that my nuke proof proton pedals seem to have lost the majority of their pins so time for some new ones. Whilst the grip was very good, I don’t think 9 months is great to lose the vast majority of the pins so after something new.

Good grip and solid platform are main concerns. About £50.

Go…..

robbo76
    Free Member

Shimano saints

mintimperial

Get some replacement pins (£5 on CRC) and locktite them in this time? I had to do that with my protons, not lost a pin since.

(I really like mine, they’re great if you don’t have massive great clodhopping plates of meat and want some grip towards the middle of the pedal platform rather than just round the edge like on most other flats.)

Northwind

Is it the mags you have? I’ve found alu nanos hold their pins well but the mag ones are a bit soft, I’ve ended up having to do some repairs. Or have they just dropped out rather than being smashed out?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run dmr vaults but really can’t tell that much difference between them and the superstar ones I had before. The shimano dx before that felt too thick though. I’d happily run superstar again but with any pedal, I threadlock the pins in.

winrya
    Free Member

Saints

noltae
    Free Member

I am a proponent of the Spank Spike pedal – shape is sweet – as is grip – thin …
    Saints – average …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good grip and solid platform are main concerns. About £50.

Wellgo MG1 are excellent value if you like the shape.

dan1980
    Free Member
    maxtorque

Placky Nukes FTW. Mine have plenty of bent pins now after this summers crash n’ bash in the Alps, but all are still present and correct!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t fault the three pairs of Nano’s that I’ve had. Cheap enough, grip pretty well and I’m not fussed when they get clattered on rocks.

The vaults look great and get good reviews but they’re quite a lot of money.

TheBrick
    Free Member

There can be only one! shimano dx. All others are just copies of the original in different colours or slightly slanted e.t.c.

jedi

Nukeproof plastic jobbies for me.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Placky Nukes here too after having a go on Jedi’s bike. Well better pedals compared to the Hope F20’s I did have

wrecker
    Free Member

I like my super expensive podiums but next time I’ll be buying some saints. My mate has some and they feel great.

carlosg
    Free Member

don’t rate Superstar nanos after bending axles on 2 sets , do rate the Saints that I’ve been running for the last 6 months but on the long pins without the spacers.

VanHalen

Hate the plastic nukeproofs. Specialized bennies here. Or anything concave not convex

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ve had the MG1’s for years now and not lost a pin yet. Very impressed and they’re pretty light.
    Saints look very pimpy though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member

I run dmr vaults but really can’t tell that much difference between them and the superstar ones I had before

+1

doug_basqueMTB.com

Superstar the nanotech thru pins are good and don´t loose pins. They do loose their grip but if you take a pin down to the local builders merchants they can sell you a bunch of replacements for very, very little!

tomd
    Free Member

My Saint pedals were good but died after 6 months (worn bushing thingy) and warrantied by madison. On speak bennies now, good so far but jury’s out on reliability. Also have superstar nanos which have lasted well and are good.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have had these for 2 years no issue, on all my bikes, same as Superstar Nano but cheaper…..

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&tb=001

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Superstar have been out of the nano thru-pin pedals for a number of weeks in any colour but red.

deano8
    Free Member

Currently running the Dmr v12 and grip is great but already damaged the threads inserts on 2 pins after rock strikes.
    Will be going back to Nano’s next which took loads of abuse over 3 years.

leth
    Free Member

Been running Vaults for 3 years. Had to replace a 3 pins.
    They’ve done 5 trips to the alps plus 3 UK winters, used at least once a week.
    Never opened them up and they’re still running smooth.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – which flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.