Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sorry – what's it worth, Ribble winter/commuter bike
  • MoreCashThanDash

Hoping to replace my current roadie commuter with something that will let me do the whole route off road, so how much might I get for a:

Ribble audax frame (black one with compact geometry)
    Deda Black Rain Carbon forks
    Fulcrum 7 wheels
    105 groupset
    Spesh Pave seatpost
    Flite Ti saddle
    Deda bar and stem
    Michelin Krylion tyres
    with mudguards but no pedals

Bike bought at the end of last summer – less than a year old, saddle about 5 years old, tyres were new about a month ago. One or two slight scratches, one or two letters from the (appallingly fragile) Ribble stickers have come off, otherwise a very nice winter/commuting bike.

Probably cost about £850 to replace it as it now stands, so I reckon about £500? What does the panel think?

0091paddy
    Free Member

£400-ish.

MoreCashThanDash

Higher! Higher!

trail_rat
    Free Member

how longs your commute ? how often you do it ?

10 daily miles for 8 months would soon see off a drive train

MoreCashThanDash

20 miles 2-3 times a week doesn't seem to have affected it yet.

Honest!

hora
    Free Member

Agree if its your commuter with a years use I'd say £400 max.

MoreCashThanDash

OK, maybe £400.

So how much should I tell MrsSwadey I'll get for it to help justify/offset the new purchase?

iamsporticus
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Bejesus £655?!!!

£300. Personally I'd hold onto it and keep it for commuting duties. Would you ride your new pride and joy through the winter months/salt etc?

MoreCashThanDash

sporticus – I'm 5'9" and in Derby

Those blue frames are harsher and only take 23mm tyres with mudguards – it's what I had before the black one. That's a good deal though.

Hora – the whole point IS to ride my new pride and joy through the winter months. Just not on tarmac any more.

OrangeEvo
    Free Member

You can get the frame-fork combo from Ribble for less than £150 new – so I'd say you'd be lucky to get £400.

I'd say expect £300-£350. I bought the frame+fork+headset(fitted) from Ribble for £160 and then just fitted bits I had lying around.

Stunning value…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – what's it worth, Ribble winter/commuter bike’ is closed to new replies.