Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Sorry – What best all-round XC tyre of the moment?
  • nicko74

I had Fire XC Pros for a few years 'cause they were the all-round tyre of choice. I didn't get on with them, and they started ripping valves off my inner tubes.
    I switched to Bonty ACXs (which actually come up a little narrower than you'd think from their width ratings) a couple of years ago, haven't looked back.

RepacK
    Free Member

Fire XC's are ok – but can be sketchy on the corners & they are a little skinny (1.95)..Im running Rocket Rons at 2.25 & so far they have been excellent. Light, good straight line speed, no real drag on tarmac, predictable, tough, havent had them out in any serious gloop yet – I like em.

Wookster

I run fire xc pros 2.1's the puppy's privates mate best all rounder for me any way!!! mate loves high rollers….I how ever dint lose my front wheel at afan and use my face as a brake using fire xc pros 8)

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I can't believe crossmarks are being recommended as an all round tyre. They are ace in the dry and really rip round corners and are super fast on hardpack etc, but they are more slippery than a slippy thing covered in oil when they go anywhere near moisture (and roots are deadly). That is with the 'normal' compound ones though.

I have fat mountain kings on one bike, which are pretty good when nice and soft (tubeless), and 2.2 Bontrager ACXs for most riding. I really like these as they have nice bite on corners, decent traction in the soft and run tubeless, are fairly quick on other ground. When the ground gets proper soft, mud X go on. Just like the ACXs but softer and more grippy on roots etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – What best all-round XC tyre of the moment?’ is closed to new replies.