Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sorry to ask this again, Bluetooth Headphones (For running).
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve seen this question pop up a few times but can’t find a thread specifically asking about running headphones.

Made the mistake of buying some cheapies from TK Maxx – can hardly ever get them to connect and when I do, the sound is woeful.

So, looking for something I can order from Amazon, ones that hang on the ear rather than using an interference fit in the ear to stay in (These never work for me…can’t figure out why). Decent sound but playback time not really an issue – I’m rarely running for more than an hour. Budget…I dunno, around the £50ish region.

Thanks in advance, and if anyone can point me to one of the other threads, cheers for that too.

deepreddave
    Free Member

One thread here

verses

Plantronics Backbeat Fit was the default answer a while ago. I’m pleased with mine.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thought I’d exhausted the patience of Bluetooth headphone suggestors. So I went ahead and ordered, from Amazon…
    …The Plantronics Backbeat Fit jobbies. 😀

*breathes a sigh of relief*

craigxxl
    Free Member

When you receive them make sure you apply the update which is done through the phone app. The set my wife got were quite ropey when she got them last month, losing connection despite being only a metre apart. After the update they are faultless.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hokay, will check that out. Cheers for the tip! 🙂

zilog6128

Shame you didn’t get them a week ago like I did when they were £20 cheaper! Price goes up & down all the time, you can use camelcamelcamel to set up an alert. You’ll be pleased though, they’re great, so much nicer to use than the cheapies I had before.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I bought a “Used – like new” set from Amazon warehouse, don’t think it was quite £20 less but somewhere around £15 off I think, but still with prime delivery. Non prime was a couple of quid less again but wanted them tomorrow rather than risking waiting till Monday when no-one’s in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Even though I’d already ordered, retrospective cheers for the recommendations. Arrived today. Work really well and much better sound than previous sennheisers and Apple stock headphones. Thanks also to craigxxl…did the update as soon as I’d connected and all working perfectly.

jon_n
    Free Member

Quick question on these – can you use them with just one ear in, or do you have to have both to ‘balance’ the neck thingy?

I tend to run with just one headphone on so I can hear what’s going on around me, not sure if these would still work OK or they would tend to fall off my neck…

Rio

can you use them with just one ear in

If you’re talking about the Backbeat Fits, then you’ll probably need both ears in to be comfortable. But they don’t block external sound significantly – the earpiece sort of projects sound into your ear rather than jamming into it and blocking it – so you may still find them ok with both ears in.

jon_n
    Free Member

Yes, sorry – I mean the backbeat fits… Thanks for your answer 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sorry to ask this again, Bluetooth Headphones (For running).’ is closed to new replies.