Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sorry to ask Chain suck Inbred….Any simple solutions…
  • crazant
    Free Member

Sorry I know its been covered but my Inbred with Truvativ chainset is suffering from the dreaded chain suck and isn’t doing my frame any good and its putting me off riding in the wet…It first happened on the middle ring so I changed it for a middleburn with no ramps and also put a new chain on, it was a lot better..then on my last night ride after getting muddy it started on the granny ring so I have changed that for a steel deore one…
    Am i missing something or is there something I can do before I wreck my frame….
    Cheers
    Anthony

Zukemonster
    Free Member

I was told (after I bought one) that middleburn rings were prone to this.

I found that lube helps! 😉

I heard you can use Zip ties on the chainstay to stop the chain getting caught and killing your frame

Z.

z1ppy

With the std inbred, the use of a brummy’s screwdriver was suggested to flatten the stay a little IIRC.

crazant
    Free Member

Yep I’m all lubed up so to speak, was ok till I hit the wet mud then while under pressure it keeps happening…….

sv

I flattened out the chainstay with a hammer!

ivantate
    Free Member

Go singlespeed? (someone had to say it)

some flat aluminium/steel plate cut and clamped in the right place will help. I remember something like this being sold years ago.

My mate had 2 lugs brazed on so he could bolt a plate on.

benman
    Free Member

I flattened my chainstay out with the gentle use of a ball pein hammer. Worked a treat!

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Wider BB to give more clearance?

dhrider
    Free Member

Generally happens with a worn chain or cassette. May be worth checking these.

RealMan
    Free Member

middleburn rings chainsuck like mad. I had it horribly, from new (whenever I shifted down) to slightly used (whenever I pedalled). Switched to a steel deore ring (changed NOTHING else), and never got chainsuck again.

damo2576
    Free Member

Degrease your chain and re-lube. Always worked for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sorry to ask Chain suck Inbred….Any simple solutions…’ is closed to new replies.