Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • sorry sorry sorry help ordering bastid light needed,,!
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

a friend wants a bastid and i said i'd link the correct one for him, now ive looked there are loads!!

can someone link me to the helmet mounted one please?

gert
    Free Member
    carlphillips
    Free Member

merci.
    does the strap actually work or do people just tiewrap it on?

AlexSimon

The strap doesn't work as-is. It needs modification because it's designed to go around the head, rather than just a bit of your helmet.
    I prefer a removable mount, so I shortened the strap to fit my helmet rather than use zipties.

DezB
    Free Member

..and, slight hijack, to avoid starting new thread…

I've seen this torch recommended: https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12325
    (The MTE SSC P7 900-Lumen 2-Mode LED)
    Or is there something better?

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry another slight hijack – but is there any other decent helmet mounts that will work with the bastid? And is it just the same as the bar mount one except it doesn't come with O-rings?

tinsy
    Free Member

DEZB all the info should be there on the DX site under bike lights.. Its the same output as the torch but has a battery pack with 3 batteries in it for longer runtime and a choice of helmet or bar mount, the lamp head only has the lamp in it batteries are seperate so it would be lighter on your head..

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers tinsy, but not sure if that's answering my question. I'm after a torch! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You can always modify a torch to mount the batteries seperately. I've got a lightset that weighs 58g (+whatever >2.4V battery you chose to put in your backpack).

MadPierre

does the strap actually work or do people just tiewrap it on?

Remove the elastic and use a velcro cable tie for easy fitting and removal. (See a sparky mate for a free velcro cable tie)

tinsy
    Free Member

dez. sorry by something better I thought you meant bike specific, longer runtimes etc, I think there are more powerful torches but the size makes em less suitable, pretty sure I have seen 1200 lumen torches somewhere.

yup I had, rifle not included.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solarforce-1200-lumens-Xenon-flashlight-w-charger-L1200_W0QQitemZ220449129005QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET?hash=item3353cac22d

Would be handy in a fight.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘sorry sorry sorry help ordering bastid light needed,,!’ is closed to new replies.