Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • sorry, smart phone question please help
  • Vortexracing

Got the chance of a free HTC Desire S, but I have been looking at the Motorola Defy, especially due to the fact that I’m a bit clumsy and tend to drop phones. 😳

How tough are these smart phones?

do I need to hold out for the motorola or are the std ones ie the HTC pretty tough?

My current phone is a standard Nokia tough phone so the move into these smart phones is completely new to me.

Ta

Dave

gooner69

just got the HTC incredible s after 2 years with an i phone.
    Its fine. i work outside, it gets dusty and damp but so far it all wipes down and cleans up fine. i do use a cover mind.

poly
    Free Member

Vortex – I got the Desire (but wanted the Defy for its waterproofness etc – but wasn’t available on business contract). The desire has just about survived a trip through the washing machine (one button not working and the screen is a bit “odd” in places). It did better than I expected but the Defy would have been better…

jon1973
    Free Member

you should be fine if you get a case for it. I have the desire s, and it’s a great phone. I got a case for £10 from one of the stalls you get in shopping malls etc. It pretty rigid and protects the sides of the phone as well, and feels like it could take a few knocks without a problem.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Got a Defy, using a rubber case and a screen protector, work on site a lot and it still looks good after 4 months.
    Android 2.2 update available very soon, a few benefits to the update, according to my techy mate.
    Much quicker than my gf’s HTC wildfire.

neilnevill
    Free Member

desire s is already on gingerbread (android 2.3) so better battery managment and other stuff = better phone. With a rubber case and a screen protector it ought to take usual knocks nad drops I’d think….but the defy is clearly supposed to take more abuse.

oh and desire uses a much faster processor than the wildfire

GrahamS

You might want to look at the Otterbox cases if you are seriously clumsy 🙂

Cougar

Android 2.2 update available very soon,

Personally, I’d be wary of manufacturers who take this long to roll out updates.

I’d suggest the Desire and an Otterbox.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘sorry, smart phone question please help’ is closed to new replies.