Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sorry …Recommend me a flat screen TV and stand up fridge freezer.
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

26-32" Tv dont want to spend over £300 really but dont want a crap make that will break after 5 minutes and where is the best place to buy , curyys dixons, tesco etc or some random internet retailer.

Same price and requirements for the fidge as well and if anybody knows of any good deals links would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

alfabus
    Free Member

not sure about telly or fridge recommendation, but the standard advice is to buy them from john lewis.

they'll price match anywhere else on the same model, and they'll give you a (bloody good) 5 year warranty.

Dave

Creg

We have one of the AEG Santo fridge freezers. Granted we did get it second hand (6 months old when bought from someone who was leaving the country) but that was about 8 years ago and it is still going strong. Never broken down or had any issues with it at all.

TV wise I cant suggest anything in the size you are after but 6 months ago I bought a Samsung 23" LCD TV and it has been absolutely fantastic. Its from their ECO range and was bought from Currys. Good crisp picture with the only let down being the built in speakers, but I just wire it into the hifi for better sound. Used primarily for DVDs and games

GTDave
    Free Member

As for the fridge freezer, the current best buy (scoring top at 85%) according to 'Which' is the Samsung RL38SBSW at £308 delivered:
    Pros: Very even temperatures, excellent insulation, accurate thermostat, excellent climate stability, frost free, fridge cools quickly, decent freezing capacity, door alarm

Cons: Below average brand reliability

nickhart
    Free Member

dunno where you are in the world but richer sounds usually have some cracking deals on tv's

breatheeasy
    Free Member

God, whatever you do don't buy a Smeg fridge. Scandinavian name, built by Italians. Light comes on randomly, shelves in the door are made of cheese and fall out on a weekly basis. Worst thing I've ever bought.

Could you get a simple basic Bosch fridge for your money?

Fridge freezer wise we've got one of these & it's brill.
    [/url]

Huge fridge good freezer, no wasted space by cool drink dispenser & keeps food really fresh.

Tele wise, Sony.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

bugger!

I did NOT need to know about that bank holiday sale Richer Sounds is having.
    Must find a distraction.

*scurries of to find calculator and bank statement*

thehustler
    Free Member

btw the smeg fridges are now made in chec republic, used to sell them at mfi, smeg fridge 1000 pounds, mfi ownbrand with identical internals £299, thats a heck of a lot for a name

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sorry …Recommend me a flat screen TV and stand up fridge freezer.’ is closed to new replies.