Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sorry Polar Bears……..
  • Just bought a tuning box for my oil burning, planet raping, 2 tonne penis extension. 175bhp and 400Nm of torque here we come.

Eat my dust suckers…….. 😈

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

175bhp?

Piffle. 😉

rs
    Free Member

only 175bhp??? so you’ve went from 2 to 4 inches?

sam_underhill

The polar bears will love you. My switchable remap (to 255bhp / 290 lb/ft) on my octavia actually returns better mpg; especially on shell v power.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

87.5 bhp per ton?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

255 from a 1.9 pd engine?

sam_underhill

Sorry, no mine’s a 2.0 tfsi. Just explaining that the remap can improve things rather than make it worse. Of course if you use all the extra power all the time then it will be worse mpg.

tonyg2003

Nice – you don’t have to glue the foot to the metal all the time – you might possibly even save some money.

I’m tempted to remap my oil burner – of course I’ll not use the extra BHP (all the time) 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How do I remap my aga?

Considering it’s only 140bhp to start with, 175 isn’t a bad improvement. It has 4 different engine maps to select, with + or – adjustments to each one.

2 tonne was a guess – it’s actually 1.7, so I’ve managed 100bhp/tonne.

I’ll be fitting it tomorrow, so reports to follow.

Speed isn’t important, as I’m not sure how fast I’d want to go in a 5mtr long 1.8mtr high brick on wheels. It’s more about overtaking grunt & torque – how many petrolheads can boast 400nm?

By the way – 255bhp does seem a lot for a 1.9/2ltr?? Volkswagen engine. Does your Skoda use as much oil as my 56 plate Passat used to? Probably put around a litre per 5k in it. My Ford TDCi hasn’t used a drop in 30,000 miles. – Edit – just noticed it’s a petrol 😳

Anyway, all this sensible talk seems to be detracting from my original (obviously poor) troll. I’d have expected more vociferication STW……

Pieface

You’ve been putting diesel into your focus for the last 30,000 miles?

Well done

Pieface – Member
    You’ve been putting diesel into your focus for the last 30,000 miles?

Well done

😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ahem, 580Nm without a remap…

allthepies
    Free Member

175 bhp *after* a remap! Lol.

Ahem, 580Nm without a remap…

Rich blokes with really expensive/fast cars excluded from my previous question 😉

allthepies – fair enough it’s not outstanding, but not a bad improvement from 140 odd.

It actually brings it in line with most other 4×4 pick-ups – i.e. Nissan Navara standard at 174bhp, L200 Animal something similar. Shame that they get to stick the same piece of kit on and touch 200bhp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sorry Polar Bears……..’ is closed to new replies.