Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sorry, more plumbing advice required!
  • jamjar
    Free Member

As there are several other topics today relating to plumbing/CH, I have the following dilemma’s. New WB fitted (30CDi) with DT10RF Digital remote timer thingy, but this does not have a seperate weekend setting! I’m thinking it’s the Mk1 which has been superceded by the Mk2 Digital Optimiser which looks like it has the weekend setting. The plumber came round with a DT20RF which looked totally different and I argued that the MK2 DT10 surely would be better. He has now gone AWOL. Also one of the TRF’s fitted appears to be cross threaded, he is blaming me for this as I tightened all of the rads as a couple were leaking. In ordeer to sort this one will it have to be completely drained? Will I be able to swap the timers if I go directly to WB and pay the difference? As long as the bioler is registered with WB I presume for future serving I can use any acredited company to service?
    Finally, when flushing the loo the pipes are noisy when it’s re-filling. Can this be rectified by fiddling with the stop-cock and adjusting the overall pressure? I have tried but might persevere further. Funnily enough this has occurred since the boiler was fitted also!
    Apologies for the long post, help appreciated!

BigJohn

I looked for your dilemmas but didn’t spot one. Just a bunch of problems and questions.

jamjar
    Free Member

ah, yes agreed. My dilemma was whether to put my problems and questions to the STF!

jamjar
    Free Member

Oh dear, I should have stuck to posting a topic about fancying school teachers or asking for advice about gore-tex undercrackers. Oh well worth a try…

vegasdave
    Free Member

Wrong site for practical advice. Do any of your friends/family know of a reputable plumber. Sounds like a proper balls-up.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

if it’s an RF Stat, then it’s battery operated, so easily replaced as long as you follow the commissioning sequence

if you’ve banjaxed a compression fitting by over tightening it, then yes, you’ll need to drain the system

noise when the toilet cistern is filling is nothing the installer has done, he’s just not got the stop tap open to the same point it was previously, I’m imagining you have a bit more flow at your cold taps now?

jamjar
    Free Member

Many thanks for the reply paulosoxo, got a mate coming round to check the trf, I guess we’ll have to keep fettling with the stopcock till the noise hopefully goes. Cheers.

grantway
    Free Member

when flushing the loo the pipes are noisy when it’s re-filling

turn water off and undo the the fitting attached to the float
    remove and replace the rubber gasket and smear inside Vaseline
    and over gasket and reverse assembly

Or lesson flow of water through the stop cock

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, more plumbing advice required!’ is closed to new replies.