Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sorry, lights again, but last one – Ay-ups?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Looking to get the road kit, bar mounted to compliment the fenix on my lid.

Anyone running this combo? Any thoughts on it?

If not, I’m gonna but it.

DezB
    Free Member

I just got some off the classifieds. Lovely. Teeny tiny battery, nicely made head units.
    I don’t think they are actually as bright as my L&M Stella (although the lumen numbers say different), but as a second set they are ideal.

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

Used the exact same set up for the first time last Tuesday. Maybe not quite as bright as some but certainly more than enough with the lid light as well. Recommended for the price, esp with the current 10% discount.

40mpg

Got a couple of mates running these as helmet lights, and they seem very good. However for a main light, especially against the more powerful fenix, i would have thought you would want more lumens. I’ve just ordered the dealextreme p7 torch as a helmet light, and was looking at the airbike sl2 p7 from planet-x who are discounting them at the mo so are cheaper than the ay-up too.

drain

Got the bar + helmet set-up of Ayups, they’re luurvely and plenty bright, great patterm. I keep getting cars slowing down wondering what I am 😉

topangarider
    Free Member

40mpg – the fenix is 180, the ayups are 320 lumen IIRC?

The money is the big factor here, and I’m new to this night riding malarky anyway. They’ll be used prob more for commuting than night riding at the mo, but I’ve intentions of doing some 24hr marathons this year, so thought they will be ok for that?

Not sure I like the look of the airbikes – a bit big compared to the ay-ups. I like the versatility of the ay-ups too – not to mention the battery life which seems to out do anything else out there.

I have just convinced myself?

40mpg

Go for it, customer service from ayup is fantastic too if you do have any problems. (Sorry thought the Fenix was a p7 900 lumens job!)

topangarider
    Free Member

Thats it then – christmas money spent!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, lights again, but last one – Ay-ups?’ is closed to new replies.