Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)
  • Sorry if this has already been done, but is IOS8 crap or what?
  • johnhe

My ipad 2 is running so slow since the update. My Kindle app sucks now. My camera roll has disappeared and my photos are no longer where I want to keep them, and are much harder to find.

I wish I could just have stuck with the old version. Don’t like the changes to safari either. Has anyone been impressed with the update and can cheer me up with tales of fabulous, enhanced features?

tomhoward

the text bit is good, other than that though i agree, its not great.

fingers crossed theyll sort it for 8.1 (bring back my photos to the photo stream!)

brant
    Free Member

Is there any other day I have a great way for a long day of my friends are so cute I can’t even see you soon enough for you and your friends are the only thing that would have to go back and I don’t think that I have a good time

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I’m still on iOs 7 as I’m jailbroken.

Once all the bugs have been worked out, then I may consider going to 8, but not before.

bruneep

brant – Member
    Is there any other day I have a great way for a long day of my friends are so cute I can’t even see you soon enough for you and your friends are the only thing that would have to go back and I don’t think that I have a good time

Eh?

molgrips
    Free Member

Brant, is a good day at school tomorrow morning to you and the same thing happened to the gym now and then you can get some sleep.

brant
    Free Member

I’m not going out to the gym and I love you so much for the next two years of my life and death of a good day for a while ago I was a little bit more like a little too much of it is not an option for me

molgrips
    Free Member

Yours is definitely better. I had to be quite selective to get even that level of sense.

brant
    Free Member

Molgrips! I’m going back in time and it will take the best of all of them were a few weeks and the first place I have no clue who I want you in my room for a few years

molgrips
    Free Member

So much for the first time in the morning after all these years of experience with his own life to come over to my house and I’ll have to wait for you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yours is also rather forward. Is it an iPhone?

brant
    Free Member

Yeah. It doesn’t actually work in here like it does on messages.
    It’s funny.

johnhe

What on earth are you two on about?

Cougar

These iPhones that are perfect and never go wrong, I think.

OH has updated her 5C and iPad Mini, and complained bitterly about them both ever since.

T666DOM

Best thing I ever did was to ditch Apple for Android

GrahamS

One of the iOS features is physic predictive text – where it basically uses context combined your word frequencies for that particular website or email/message contact to guess what you are going to say.

I believe brant and mol are just going with that and letting the phone generate their responses.

It’s the most sense I’ve heard from either of them in a while.

nealglover
    Free Member

Best thing I ever did was to ditch Apple for Android

That’s fairly sad.

You should try harder I think.

GrahamS

As mentioned on the Big Apple Thread that makes this one redundant, I’ve upgraded my 4S and my iPad 3 to iOS 8. Both have been fine.

Despite dire warnings about how slow the 4S would be, I’ve not noticed any real difference in speed.Battery life might be a bit lower but that may just be because I’m fondling it more at the moment – time will tell.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Updated my iphone5 and an iPad mini (basically an ipad2) with no probs whatsoever. Can’t really notice a huge difference but the features I have noticed are good. I’ve not updated my ‘proper’ ipad2 yet.

You always get this debate with every iOS update, some seem to suffer performance issues, others don’t. Have you tried a restore?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m on Windows Phone and as mentioned the predictive text shows a selection of likely words. It does learn from your previous typing because if I type the name of someone I frequently refer to as a couple the other person’s name is always first suggestion.

It works in all typing situations but is considerably less creative than Brant’s. If I just choose the first suggestion I get started to get a chance to win a transatlantic crossing for two or three times in the morning and evening is going to be a good day at work now so I can do it for me to come to the is the best of luck for tomorrow night is going to be a good day at work

Drac

No people her never noticed the issues either predicted trying unyielding not prescription.

muggomagic

I have an old type of rides and clothes for a tenner to the post and riding with me taking a few more hoping for some pads, but you can just go along tomorrow morning at the tea and I can pick it up.

This is fun.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if you want to be a good day and the clan and I have no plans for tonight but the only person in charge is that what he is investigated by doing so well that sounds nice but it will have the money for breakthrough in the morning.

Cougar

the Big Apple Thread that makes this one redundant,

I think if we keep this for “iOS issues on iPhone 5 and earlier generation devices” and the iPhone 6 thread for, erm, iPhone 6 discussions, there’s merit in running both.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I’m worried if I update I’ll end up with a U2 tattoo and their entire back catalogue

mogrim

molgrips and brant, on the road with Apple

nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.

8)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well is it that way to the is the best of luck

tomhoward

I’m worried if I update I’ll end up with a U2 tattoo and their entire back catalogue

😆

jon1973
    Free Member

That’s fairly sad.

You should try harder I think.

Do you know what a “figure of speech” is?

higthepig
    Free Member

Updated early 4 not under to please people I miss can.

Translation: updated my 4s and now I can’t play podcasts in the car……

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Windows phone FTW

Cougar

Ooh, you’ve got a Windows Phone? Fantastic! Have you got both of the apps for it?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tell me an app I’m missing, go on..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m not really bothered about apps. Browser, navigation, torch, music that’ll do me.

Ooh, I want to hack some NFC cards but they’re encrypted, that’s what I could do with.

Cougar

Tell me an app I’m missing, go on..

Last app I ran was Ticket to Ride. Got that?

Anyway, I thought you were on an iDevice, hence the above humorous posts?

I’m not really bothered about apps.

So your comment is even less relevant than I first thought.

Though, in terms of trying to avoid derailing threads I’m not helping much, so I’ll shut up now.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, those who want to revert to 7 (& were not jail broken), Apple were still signing 7.1.2 yesterday. Be quick, as that’s likely to stop pretty soon.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, Windows Phone does that random sentence generator too.

Ticket to ride – nope, I suspect most Android games aren’t on here, but I don’t play games on phones. I’ve got most big apps, the ones I miss are generally the little token ones that small companies put out to help access their service.

johndoh
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Ooh, you’ve got a Windows Phone? Fantastic! Have you got both of the apps for it?
    POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Made Me laughing

Mr_C
    Free Member

No problem with the new features, but my iPad has crashed more since the update than it has in the last year, mainly when using chrome but also in some other apps.

mattbee

Only thing that’s annoyed me is the fact that my Pioneer App radio head unit won’t work with 8, got to wait for them to get their arses in gear and sort it.
    Not Apples fault, Pioneer being gimps…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘Sorry if this has already been done, but is IOS8 crap or what?’ is closed to new replies.