Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SORRY I phone question again, (looking to get one but don't know where to start)
  • Rochey
    Free Member

OK im looking to upgrade to a Iphone but I don’t really like the new 4 and would be happy with the 3GS (or which everone it is).

Does anyone know know of any good deals around???

Cheers

PS,Sorry to ask the question again.

IA

Why would you get an 3GS over a 4? What don’t you like about it?

Best deal is to buy it outright upfront and get your contract separately, always is.

But then most folk don’t like to face up to paying for a £500 phone…

RS4KEV

4 is miles a head of the 3 (IMO) wouldn’t want to go back now

Rochey
    Free Member

OK i agree 4 is better but I love the shape of the 3 TBH.

GrahamS

Why would you get an 3GS over a 4? What don’t you like about it?

Agreed. I upgraded to the 4 from the 3GS. Now I can’t even look at my wife’s 3GS without my eyes going funny. The display on the 4 is THAT much better.

Best deal is to buy it outright upfront and get your contract separately, always is.

Not sure that is true. Remember that some contracts can be renegotiated after a certain time (e.g. 9 months on O2)
    So that alters the maths a bit.

IA

Not sure that is true. Remember that some contracts can be renegotiated after a certain time (e.g. 9 months on O2)
    So that alters the maths a bit.

Yup, and I spent a long time doing the sums. Depending on usage/exact contract it might not be much – say £90 better off over 18months, but it’s still cheaper. And there’s an advantage in not having the hardware tied to the service, if you want to change phones more/less often than that.

Jamie
    Free Member

If the OP wants to get the 4 and swap it for my 3GS I reckon I would let him. 8)

atlaz
    Free Member

Get an iPhone 4. If you’re going to jump in, do it at the deep end as it were. Plus with a new contract, by the time you’re eligible for an upgrade, you’ll be 2 generations down the line so if you get a 3GS you’ll probably be 3 generations behind the current.

Jamie
    Free Member

…also the new 3GS that O2/Apple sell are the 8GB versions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SORRY I phone question again, (looking to get one but don't know where to start)’ is closed to new replies.