Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • sorry! help me decide what wet conditions front all mountain tyre!
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

As above I have searched, and can’t decide. I’m looking for a high volume tyre, for wet loamy tracks. Not really bothered about rolling speed or massively bothered by weight.

Hans dampf? Continue baron? Specialized tyres?

Cheers

sambob
    Free Member

On One Chunky Monkey is good. Sticky, cheap and easy to get tubeless.

tomhoward

Wet scream

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Maxxis High Roller 2 3C. An amazing tyre and the slightly longer side knobs really do bite well, giving loads of grip. It grips and clears better than a Minion DHF or High Roller.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dhf

grum
    Free Member

Big Earl Wet, if you can still get them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

A tyre that grips better than a dhf….chuff me, that is one grippy bastard…

Northwind

Baron is made for the job and does it brilliantly. Should be your first point of call IMO. Works pretty well on hardback too. I’m not happy at the rate the sidewalls are wearing on mine, and it was hard work to seal up for tubeless, but it’s been otherwise flawless.

If you decide to go with something a bit more compromised, Specialized Butcher is a better Minion, and clears and grips better in the wet (though not quite as good on slippy rock as a supertacky Minion)

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Minion DHF 2.35 60a works for me

lunge

Swampthing? Sounds exactly like what you need.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bontrager FR4

stevied
    Free Member

Minion DHF 2.35 60a works for me

Works for me too. Did a VERY wet uplift @ FoD without skipping a beat

br
    Free Member

+1 DHF, but if you’re happy for more weight a big Hans Dampf.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Baron. A bit like a Swampthing but grippier, faster and lasts better. Good on harder surfaces / rocks / roots too.

motozulu
    Free Member

+1 for the chunky monkey. Has transformed my front end grip – though my last tyre was shoite tbf. At £14 and 99 english pence an utter, utter bargain.

Just as good on dry dusty as it is wet slippy.

Bucko

I love my Minion DHF, they gave me such a confidence boost when i first fit them front and rear about 18 months ago, great on every surface and good rolling resistance. I just wish there was something between the 2.35 and the 2.5

shinsplints

Swampthing 2.5″ Supertacky DualPly
    Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.5″

Northwind

Swampthing fans- try a Baron/Der Baron, it really makes the poor old swampy unemployed. Just as good in the slop and much better at everything else.

chakaping
    Free Member

Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.5″

Good call, but the 2.35in ones are plenty big enough I reckon.

(The 2.35in is too big to fit in a Revelation along with a mucky nutz mudguard)

The MM is a great compromise tyre for loamy-to-muddy conditions and rolls much better than proper mud tyres.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘sorry! help me decide what wet conditions front all mountain tyre!’ is closed to new replies.