Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sorry for asking about tablet pc's but…
  • marcus7
    Free Member

I’ve no clue what to get her indoors, her laptop is elderly and slow and to be honest she only really needs it for shopping browsing FB etc so and all singing laptop is a bit ott. Any recommendations, price isn’t a major issue but over £350 would be a waste of money IMO for what she needs. Any thoughts/ recommendations. I know these threads are more tedious than a tyre thread/ religion but i’ve no clue on what is out there at the mo!.

Mackem

Changing the OS from Vista to Windows 7 gave my OH’s laptop a new lease of life.

sharkbait
    Free Member

iPad?
    [other tablets are available]

Android
    Free Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and my wife has an Ipad, I prefer mine and she prefers hers. I guess I’m saying there’s not a lot in it, go and have a play with some, probably better if you can get some experience from using a friends, rather than just what the salesman has learned in his training course.

toys19
    Free Member

I’ve got a samsung galaxy tab2 10.1, mine was cheap before xmas back up to about 230 now, as good as the wifes 600quid ipad. She prefers the tablet now..

properbikeco
    Free Member

nexus 7 – job done

yetidave
    Free Member

we have a nexus, my folks have a samsung, both good, avoid apple based products on priciple…

the-muffin-man

…and Google of course are such a lovely, cuddly sort of company!

marcus7
    Free Member

Cheers guys, i work in electronics so would generally aviod apple… 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got a one of the original Galaxy Tab 10.1’s and my daughter has a Galaxy Note 10.1. The Note is nice but there’s not enough difference to make me want to change. You pay far too much for the name for Apple stuff as far as I’m concerned.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I’ve just taken a gamble and bought one of these:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/432600-sumvision-cyclone-voyager-tablet-pc-cycvoy101bt

Not the highest resolutions screen but will be fine for my needs which sound similar to yours. Should be good performance and a good price, can tell you more when it arrives on friday.

mogrim

If it’s going to be her main means of accessing the web get a 10″ screen tablet (or iPad): I’ve got the first Galaxy Tab 7″ model, it’s perfect for what I want (mainly twitter, mail and the bbc news app), but for extended web browsing the limited screen size gets irritating.

geologist
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPad and a galaxy tab 2, I hate iTunes, but that aside much prefer the iPad. Much much slicker.

stuey
    Free Member

I’m thinking of a Nook hd+ – as it’s got a micro sd slot.

geologist
    Free Member

So has a galaxy tab

woody74

Personally I would go for an iPad as they just work. With things like the Samsung galaxy I just feel like a geriatric trying to do things. Last night I was trying to get photos of my wife Galaxy phone but as you cant just plug it into a USB it took 4 hours to get 200 photos. They have lots a lots of fancy functions but just don’t do the basics well.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I think Stuey is referring to the Nexus devices, it seems an odd choice to not include a micro sd slot. This is why I have gone for the summivision one. If I had seen the Nook hd+ before pressing buy I might have gone for that although it is quite a bit more expensive for the nice screen.

stuey
    Free Member

V8 – yes + very good res screen on Nook hd+ – when rooting / google play gets easy – I’ll be very tempted.

toys19
    Free Member

Woody this is just untrue. I have two samsung phones, and a galaxy tab 2, and you can easily connect a USB cable to a pc to transfer files. Much easier than an ipad as you dont have to go through itunes and assign an app and all that crap. Plus the android software allows the devices to act as a usb host so you connect a camera, usb drive, thumb drive etc and tranfer files. I dunno if the ipad can do that.

Plus samsung galaxy tab2 has microsd slot

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sorry for asking about tablet pc's but…’ is closed to new replies.