Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sorry dumbass Hope Pro 2 conversion question.
  • oldfart

Want to convert mine to 20mm , i presume it’s just pop the QR caps out and pop the new ones in ? Is it that simple do you pop them out using the skewer and there’s a circlip to fit back in isn’t there ?Will the bearings fall out when you do it ?As i said just checking apologies for asking about something so straightforward . Are they just plastic ’cause £16 seems a lot for 2 bits of plastic and a couple of circlips !Cheaper than new hubs i suppose .

mrh86
    rb
    Free Member

I run mine in 20mm and got the kit to convert to qr
    and its just pop the clip out change the outer and put the clip
    back in.

eshershore
    Free Member

Are they just plastic ’cause £16 seems a lot for 2 bits of plastic and a couple of circlips !Cheaper than new hubs i suppose .

the spacers are machined aluminium alloy (made by Hope in UK)

oldfart

thanks chaps vid link was tops !me being me couldn’t find it when i looked ! 😳

oldfart

oh aluminium thats better !

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Are they just plastic ’cause £16 seems a lot for 2 bits of plastic and a couple of circlips !Cheaper than new hubs i suppose .

No they’re machined aluminium and actually (believe it or not) most of Hopes small parts like that are loss leaders or no profit items, it cost’s them more to make, package, distribute than they sell them for! these are £16, Hope will see about £8 of that tops, £8 doesn’t run a £400,000 CNC machine with operator for many minutes!

Take out the prefitted caps and place these on and secure with the circlips. the bearings are pressed into the hub so won’t fall out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sorry dumbass Hope Pro 2 conversion question.’ is closed to new replies.