Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • sorry but which mudguards?
  • bob_summers

Having finally got a bike which has both mounts and clearance (GT Grade), I need a set which clear 28mm tyres and can be removed and refitted easily for off road use.

Shortlist is SKS Longboards and the Specialized ones I saw posted here a week or two back. Any others to consider? Can’t stretch to the PDW ones…

breadcrumb

I added some SKS Bluemels to my Arkose yesterday, I’m happy enough with them. Only £16ish from wiggle too.

Ioneonic

I’ve just installed the SKS Bluemels to my Fargo. Seems very sturdy and once set up would take 5mins or so to remove.
    I needed the B65 version (from bike-discount.de) and cover 2.1 rear perfectly ( could probably use larger tyre but I’m using a rack so needed to get under that). Needed to cut the front struts and used the mid fork mounts as would have been messy to get round the disc mounts. Also I used a problem solvers Fender Flute to mount. I’ve got 2.25 on the front, just clears it. Not sure what clearances/tyres you have on the Grade.

breadcrumb

I went for P45 width, which covers up to 38c, the front mech only just touches the rear guard- not enough to cause any issues.

bob_summers

I forsee some bending of the stays to clear the front disk caliper, but at that price it’s worth a punt, thanks!

breadcrumb

Shouldn’t be too tricky, I had to add a bend to each of the stays legs on the front.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sorry but which mudguards?’ is closed to new replies.