Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sorry but what mud tyres for xc/trail mincing
  • stayhigh

Morning all

Its become clear that My Geax Saguro’s aren’t the best in the mud so I’m after something with a bit more grip in the slippy stuff.

Previously used Mud X front and rear but am thinking now off something like that as as a rear with a wider, grippier tyre on the front.

Bike is a Trek Rig 29er with a 100mm Float up front which I use for general trail riding and the of xc event.

SirHC

If you want wider, then beavers come in 2.25, really depends how deep the mud is.

Have a pair of xr muds on my 29er through winter, cope really well with the mud Warwickshire can muster.

jam-bo

1 ride on 2.25 beavers and really impressed.

mcnultycop

2″ beavers for me

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Could keep it Geax,these could be worth a punt for £20 a pair 2.3 and tubeless ready.Shame they don’t do their Daturas for 29ers as they a very good.
    Gato

stayhigh

Had a look at the Beavers, wired seem to be the best value but how well do they go up tubeless?

Also looked at Storm Control, Dirty Dan and Geax Gato’s but they look massive.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I failed miserably setting up the cheaper wired versions of beavers on my mates 29er,but he also had a non tubeless ready rims so….

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

PlanetX have 2.1 Folding Gatos in stock,my mates like their Mudx’s,Beavers and storm controls,they all appear to be fairly similar tyres.
    Gato 2.1

jimoiseau
    Free Member

I run 2.0 beavers front and rear with tubes on a very similar bike and they do the job. The duel compound on the cheap wired ones isn’t bad compared to most brands’ cheapest compounds. I did notice they have small notches, maybe mold injection points or something, around the bead. I’d definitely be carefully shaving them off with a sharp knife if I was to try them tubeless.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I run storm controls on the anthem. Not too bad rolling and plenty of mud shedding ability. £30 each a bit of a bargain and easy set up tubeless.

theotherjonv

I’m a fan of Beavers too

But seriously, good in mud and good enough in the dry and on roots (Surrey Hills rider) that they stay on my SS all year round.

Stiggy

2.25 Exo 29 Beavers here, tubeless no problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sorry but what mud tyres for xc/trail mincing’ is closed to new replies.