Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sorry but another whats it worth thread – Kind of sad one too.
  • lowey

Earlier this year my nextdoor neighbour and riding buddy died suddenly. His wife was asking me the other day about trading in his bike for something for herself, but I was just wondering on what kind of value we should be attaching to it in order to make sure she gets the right deal.

Its a 2007 Orange 5 Pro.

Cheers all.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Give it a service and stick it on ebay and you'd probably get £1300+ for it

Coyote
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that lowey. As David said, depending on spec and condition you should be looking around the £1200 – £1400 mark. Is it worth splitting and selling or is she just after a trade in? I would think that the "value" will also be relative against what she is trading it in for.

Good luck

marsdenman
    Free Member

Another thought – If she is after a bike for herself why not strip it, sell the frame, use the funds to buy a frame to fit / suit her and rebuild?

lowey

Cheers Chris, but she already has a 5 Diva, lovely little bike. She was looking to trade it in against a road bike.

nickegg
    Free Member

I wouldn't have thought it's worth more than £1000-1200 TBH unless it's in immaculate condition.

I sold a very well specced 2007 5 last August for £1250 and a 2009 Pro a couple of months back for £1650.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sorry but another whats it worth thread – Kind of sad one too.’ is closed to new replies.