Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • sorry, bit boring, but what payg provider has best minutes/txt etc deals?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’m about to grab a lumia for my boy on payg, all networks are a similar price for the phone, to save me trawling google to compare rates anyone know of a decent provider to go for in terms of top ups and what you get. thanks

ampthill

I think “3” 321 is brilliant

1p per Mb
    2p per text
    3p per minute

Top ups last as long as you like. Most networks let you buy bundles but these only last a month

mudshark
    Free Member

I switched to 3 PAYG temporarily after leaving my old job/company phone whilst deciding what to do; not felt the need to move to a contract yet.

qwerty
    Free Member

Virgin VIP, unlimited: data/text/mins for £15 on a rolling 1 month contract?

wildheart
    Free Member

GiffGaff,who use the O2 network.Have great value “goodybags”. £ 12 a month for 250mins of calls,unlimited texts,unlimited data.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m on giffgaff too, faultless and cheap for me so far.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers, its got to be a top up one sadly otherwise, children politics will come into play and if i pay one on a rolling contract child no.2 will want one as well. i’ll look into three.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pay monthly (month contract) on my orange is 12 quid for 600 min unlimited text 1gb data.
    However just stuck the daughter on O2 with a brand new iPhone 4S with 500 mins unlimited text 500mb data for 18 quid. And its all capped so she cannot go over the data.

bearnecessities

Just read up on that 321 plan – that’s just what I need.

Does anyone know if 3 still have shocking customer service?

ross980
    Free Member

Just read up on that 321 plan – that’s just what I need.
    Does anyone know if 3 still have shocking customer service?

Serious question, would you ever need to use customer service on PAYG? I’m on a SIM only with 3 and never had to ring them (their app is pretty useful though).

granny_ring

Still with Giff Gaff at the mo as haven’t looked closely to see other options.
    They are good value and good bundle options too. It’s all good when the going is good.
    The down side is customer service is s***e, not interested in compensating us for having no signal at home for 8 or 9 days recently as the fault was due to o2. That old chestnut.
    I translate that to mean ‘we dont really care if you leave Giff Gaff as there will only be a handful of you who were affected by the downtime and we dont mind losing that small amount of business’. Would their response have been different if the downtime had affected hundreds/thousands of customers…….. ?

mattsccm
    Free Member

3 for me. Only limitation is that you cannot top up at cash machines etc. You either register a card with them or buy vouchers in store. I use 3 as a tenner lasts about 6 months as I have a land line.

ampthill

I have never needed 3 customer service

For me they are so much cheaper than Giff gaff etc. I don’t really try and economies but I think I’v toped up £30 since august. I have hood wi fi access

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘sorry, bit boring, but what payg provider has best minutes/txt etc deals?’ is closed to new replies.