Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sorry Bike Insurance? Who to go with
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,
    After receiving an email from Evans for bike insurance it has made me realise I need it.
    What companies should I be looking at to get prices from? Who are good to deal with ?

It will be bike insurance only.

Cheers Shaun

monkeyboyjc

Bikemo plus – have been great for me and a little cheaper than most.

https://bikmoplus.com/?ref=YteipMx

shaungero
    Free Member

Sorry not Evans it was Wiggle, anyone used them at all ? Thanks @monkeyboyjc will have a look

nickdavies

Bikmo plus are probably the best out there if you want a separate policy to house insurance or don’t have a house for insurance, otherwise house insurance will be cheaper – give Darren at pedalcover a call. Loads of threads on here about insurance. I’ve used both but claimed on neither.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Just don’t. Take care of your bike and buy a new one if it gets stolen. Some house contents policies are usable for bikes (either included, or as a named add-on at low cost) but I’ve never found a stand-alone policy that makes sense economically. Eg that Bikmo policy is over 11% per year for me.

firestarter
    Free Member

Just don’t?? I’ve got a 4k bike that I’d not be able to afford to replace in a hurry so it’s insured. Pedalcover btw

vincienup
    Free Member

Depends what you have. I’m seriously about to go with Bikemo. I’d need to save my quoted premium payments for about 26 years to reach my insured sum in event of burglary and total loss, around 13 years for a riding write-off replacement claim. That’s pretty good in my eyes, plus they’re self build friendly and happy with photos and serials instead of receipts.

The picture changes totally depending if you rent or own your house. Home owners may well find house cover extension cheaper, rental less so.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sorry Bike Insurance? Who to go with’ is closed to new replies.