Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sorry – Another eBay selling question
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Morning STW.

I have seen loads of eBay related questions on here recently, so sorry for adding another.

But… I sold a PC on Friday, and the buyer paid a few hours later on Friday evening. Obviously (to me) meaning the item will not be shipped until Tuesday due to the weekend and bank holiday. It states on the listing that any items will be shipped within 2 working days.
    Also, postage is via MyHermes, so its 3-5 working days for delivery, also stated on the listing.

However, this morning I receive an message saying –
    “I better receive my PC by Wednesday, or you will be getting a negative feedback”.
    This is a new ebay member, with 0 feedback himself.

Now I think I have a few options –
    1 – Send on tuesday via 24 hour, which would leave me out of poket
    2 – Send normally, and hope eBay help when he leaves negative feedback
    3 – Cancel the order

I would like to go for option 3, and cancel the order.. As the item sold within 2 hours of a BIN price, so I know it will sell again.
    But, can the buyer still leave negative feedback if an order is cancelled?

I have already emailed him back, and explained that his demands are not realistic. But being a fairly new eBay business seller, I really don’t want to risk any negative feedback on our account.

Thanks inn advance.
    J

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

3. **** ’em.

No excuse for being rude like that.

Also, for future listings, go into your ebay settings and set up buyer requirements to exclude zero feedback users.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Cancel his order, your set up as a business seller sometimes stock develops faults and as a conscientious business whilst dking your pre delivery checks you discovered this.

If he’s being a duckweed now wait till he’s got hold of the product and can really make your life a nightmare

Sell it to someone who isn’t a dick….takes a while to learn this

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Without doubt cancel.

walla24
    Free Member

Cancel transaction
    Edit bidder requirements to 10+ feedback only
    Give it a week and message him that he is a bellholecodswalloppingcrumpetmuncher

handyman153
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies..
    Completely agree with the changes to my settings, i will do that asap..

And I will cancel the transaction, does anybody know if this still allows the buyer to leave feedback?

Thanks again

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not 100% sure, and eBay as usual obfuscate everything.

I think that if you cancel the sale and refund, before asking them to agree to the cancelation, then they can’t.

Again, not 100% sure.

This is the prob with eBay really, as despite you doing everything correctly, you have a no real satisfactory route to get out of this.

andyl
    Free Member

clearly you have until wed to post it ad friday night is end of working day and due to the bank holiday tuesday is the next working day and wednesday the 2nd.

I would agree with cancelling it, I hate rude people and just had a barney with a seller that sent me a rude reply, but you are at risk of negative feedback.

You should be able to prove you have stuck to your listing if you send by hermes on Tuesday (within 2 working days) and ebay should side with you on that but he might then find another issue to try it on with and claim there is something wrong and you are then liable for return postage too.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don’t on ebay. People are obsessed with making every last pence they can and fly off the handle for no reason.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Cancel and don’t worry too much about negative feedback. Everyone knows ebay is full of t***ers.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Cancel and don’t worry too much about negative feedback. Everyone knows ebay is full of t***ers.

But also – eBay’s defect removal policy seems to state that if you delivered within stated timescale (using tracked method), they will consider removed neg feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/defect-removal.html

I would cancel the sale too. This **** will only cause you further problems once he gets the item.

bencooper
    Free Member

Definitely cancel – if he’s like this now, what will he be like after he gets it?

Feedback doesn’t matter all that much, especially one negative from a Zero.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Explain what the listing said
    Ask if they are happy to proceed and the earliest delivery date is X or ask the to pay more so you can get it there on Weds but that is 24 hour delivery.

You will get neg as there are folk like that on there

or just cancel as it will only get worse

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Feedback extortion is against eBay rules. Simplest thing is to cancel. Second is to ring eBay. This is the kind of thing I’d be concerned about receiving an item not as described claim over and getting his old burnt out components back.

PePPeR

You’ll probably find he’s an arse of an ebayer that’s been banned and set up another account!

plyphon
    Free Member

eBay will remove negative feedback quite happily if the buyer is a dick. with a message like that if your inbox, they’ll probably ban him, too.

cancel order, contact ebay, move on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – Another eBay selling question’ is closed to new replies.