Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sorry…..
  • kendo954
    Free Member

But a tyre question!!!

Santa got me some flow ex wheels so I’m going to get then set up tubeless.

I always run minion dh front single ply front & rear (super tacky front)

Has anyone set these up tubeless and got on ok with them or should I be looking proper Ust tyres?

davewalsh
    Free Member

All Maxxis tyres work well tubeless, I’ve run Minions & Ardents (and Chunky Monkey / Smorgasbord also made by Maxxis) for years without issue. You need to tape the rims first, Superstar do a 29mm yellow tape which should be spot-on for Flow EX (25mm is too narrow regardless of what it says on Stans website). A set of tubeless valves and some Stans goo and you’re good to go.

kendo954
    Free Member

Cheers for that, mates using the 25mm with no issues

He is using 2 ply spec tyres..

stevied
    Free Member

Got my Flows set up with 2.5″ 3c exo minion up front and 2.3″ HR2 TR exo rear. Both went up easy enough and don’t drop any pressure.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

All Maxxis tyres work well tubeless

…except my Advantage which were made of cheese. Torn knobbles and splits in the sidewall made my Maxxis tubeless experience a pretty poor one. Having more luck with Spesh Purgatory on my Flows, but they’re – unsurprisingly – not as good in the winter gloop as they were in the dry weather.

sv

Kendo I have a set of dual ply Minion DHF & DHR the front is ST and 2.5 (I think). They ran fine tubeless on Flows, £30 to you if you want them. They have had 4 days in the Alps and I have since sold the Pitch.

kendo954
    Free Member

Sv – trying the single play 1st but cheers anyway

warpcow
    Free Member

No problems with single-ply Minions here. The newer, lighter 2.25″ Maxxis tyres can be risky cos of the paper-thin sidewalls: they go up ok, but I’ve ripped two within a few rides in the last year.

kendo954
    Free Member

well two good rough jumpy test rides and all good.

25mm tape, my old st minion front and a new rear, dead easy inflated and sealed, not lost any pressure at all since thursday…

initial impressions are good 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sorry…..’ is closed to new replies.