Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sore wrists using crutches – will a powerball help?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a none weight bearing leg cast so am moving round on crutches.

My wrists are getting a bit sore when moving around and I was wondering if a powerball would help.

Also, any suggestions from strengthening the muscle on the side of my torse are welcome. They ached like fury after walking about 1 mile last week and I didn’t even know i had muscles there.

Feel free to make up your own jokes about spending time on the www, sore wrists, crutches etc

Yes, I do have a bottle of MTFU in front of me.

martymac

hard to say for certain tbh, powerball do claim that it can though, i remember reading that somewhere.
    i have one, and it definately hasnt caused any problems.
    fairly addictive ime.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Might do. Fischer handled crutches might also help. As will ensuring that the crutches are adjusted properly.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Underarm crutches help, I found them a lot more practical than elbow crutches. You can actually use your hands whilst standing for a start!

Drac

Didn’t think they issued under arm ones any more due to the damage they do?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Some places still issue them under certain circumstances. Kids or people who dont have a lot of upper body strength usually.

Drac

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

more due to the damage they do?

Only for long term uses who don’t use them properly. You can buy them for under £30 though

Drac

Different advice to what I was told by a Physio then, Glupton is probably right with the exception.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Or fat people – fat people tend to get bariatric axillary crutches.

Edit – Missus tells me that the ortho depts in edinburgh still tend to give them out for people who are non-weight bearing.

They are meant to be braced against the body and not shoved right under your armpits though.

m0nster2
    Free Member

I’m on the ol’ crutches too at the mo. I feel your pain.
    However, I’ve just wrapped some shoulder strapping (crepe bandages, to all intents) around the handles and it’s taken away my hand pain.

TimP
    Free Member

Found it pretty good for my wrist that I damaged playing rugby. Luckily I did in my right wrist as I couldn’t work it with my left! They are only a tender now so why not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sore wrists using crutches – will a powerball help?’ is closed to new replies.