Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • sore wrist…physio?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I fell off my road bike on some ice on Boxing Day, wrist has been a little sore ever since, without feeling significantly better. It hurts mtbing now, but it ok/usable for most other stuff.

Is a physio likely to be able to help?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe 🙂 probably wont hurt – well it might hurt

May be able to point you to a diagnosis though, went with mine after a snowrock and ice boarding crash in Scotland 7 years ago, still flares up every so often.

mssansserif
    Free Member

For a wrist they can’t really do much. I’ve usually just been recommended exercises to strengthen it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

mssansserif – Member
    For a wrist they can’t really do much. I’ve usually just been recommended exercises to strengthen it.

As a single bloke,*I’m pretty sure Al knows all of them…

*May not be true.

dantsw13

I’d get an Xray. The wrist is notoriously under diagnosed for breakages, and if not caught quickly may not heal well.

tinytim

Where are you based?

It probably is worth being seen by someone with a wrist interest and ruling out a scaphoid fracture / ligament injury

If near Chelsea pop in!

Tim
    Consultant Hand & Wrist Surgeon
    Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

When I broke my scaphoid I originally thought I’d just sprained my wrist. After a few months of slight discomfort a physio friend who was visiting suggested it might be the scaphoid. So yes, go get it checked out.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Yep,did my Scaphoid and thought it was a sprain.

2nd time thought it was Scaphoid….was just a sprain,but that took 12 weeks to sort itself out

cynic-al
    Free Member

SO, GP for potential scaphoid?

rewski
    Free Member

I’d go straight to A&E and get an xray, GP will send you there anyway. I ended up with a screw in mine after farting about with various doctors and splints.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘sore wrist…physio?’ is closed to new replies.