Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • sore upper arse?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Been riding regularly for years and never really suffered with problems with saddle soreness – until recently that is. Thing is the soreness, (+tough skin, dry, red and sometimes itchy) isnt on a contact point with the saddle – its upper arse crack – similar to where the triangle of material on this thong is

I've not changed saddles, still same brands of cycle shorts and chamois cream. I havent changed anything about what i am doing yet the arse problem has arisen in the last few weeks and its driving me mad. Just wondered if anyone else had ever had soreness in the same area and whats steps to take to alleviate it.

ollie
    Free Member

If that's your arse, can I suggest letting me come round and rub some lotion on it for you? 😈

BigJohn

Does it hurt on the inside, or the outside?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sorry, what was the question again?

ken_shields
    Free Member

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Yeah i've wiped properly, can be pretty ocd when it comes to that. Never had any skids on the chamois pads ever, honest 😀

If that's your arse, can I suggest letting me come round and rub some lotion on it for you?

not my arse keyra augustinas (possibly home of the best arse in the world(

Does it hurt on the inside, or the outside?

both on the arse crack and on the sidewalls of the arse crack.

ollie
    Free Member

not my arse keyra augustinas (possibly home of the best arse in the world(

**Leaves thread seriously disappointed** sigh.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Hmm you say your ass has sidewalls, you are possibly confusing your ass for a tyre. If you've used the track pump on it that could be the issue.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

What you dewcribe sounds like a fungal skin infection. Pop in to see a pharmacist or make a GP appointment, might need a decent anti-fungal, but might laso be worth getting it seen just to check there is nothing going on that might need antibiotics – no broken or weeping skin?

druidh
    Free Member

If it's only been happening in the past few weeks then it could be sweat irritating your skin. This might be in combination with the wrong sort of detergent. If needs be, try changing to a non-Bio, or use soap for your riding gear.

If you wear a rucksack while riding, consider washing it or buying a new one as the back of it will be loaded with unfriendly bacteria, which will "wash" down your body when you sweat.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Hmm you say your ass has sidewalls, you are possibly confusing your ass for a tyre. If you've used the track pump on it that could be the issue.

Sometimes on STW forums amusing postings and responses make me smile, sometimes really funny ones make me snigger to myself,

However that post by Zoolander just made me belly laugh out loud. thanks fella, was having a crap morning before that, now the world seems a better place 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘sore upper arse?’ is closed to new replies.