Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sore points in muscles/trigger points/myofascial pain
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What the heck causes them ?

Had several this year, in both thighs, some soreness above the knees and a sore point below the knee where it doesn’t even seem to be close to a muscle.

Bought the foam roller, one of those trigger point rollers and a ‘stick’, which have all worked quite well.

What causes them – bad diet, not exercising enough, exercising too much, radiation from the mobile phone in my pocket ?

Anybody got any idea – or got a recommendation for a good ‘self-help’ book on the subject ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

old age 😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What causes them – nobody knows. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. Lots of people dispute their existence

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

old age

maybe – 51 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

Is pretty good for an introduction to the subject, not too techy

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is pretty good for an introduction to the subject, not too techy

I was looking at that – will get it, thanks 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

If on the off chance you’re anywhere near Woking area happy to lend you my copy, think I may have another decent book on the subject somewhere as well

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yes, I do live nr Woking, but I’ve ordered it now!

Any more recommendations would be good though 🙂

Nearly rolled out the latest one on my right hip – those trigger point rollers are very good, if a little too painful 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

Any more recommendations would be good though

I’ll have look through my course books later when I’m home…

hilldodger
    Free Member

The other book I have found to be useful – written more for bodyworks practitioners than as a self-treatment guide but still OK to read

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sore points in muscles/trigger points/myofascial pain’ is closed to new replies.