Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • sore nipples when riding
  • rOcKeTdOg

the last two rides i've done i've ended up with a sore left nipple, nothing is rubbing it other than my top (no camelbak) and it's never done it before in 40 years of riding (includes 3 wheeler at age of 3) and it did it on the road bike and not just the SS so it's not a punishment

anyone else, how can i combat it?

donsimon
    Free Member

Vaseline.

qwerty
    Free Member

lactate

allthepies
    Free Member

Loose weight. Only had it when I was a bloater.

mmb
    Free Member

hot sweaty days, put a plaster on before you ride!

thejesmonddingo

Tell the stoker to keep his hands on the bars.
    Ian

speaker2animals

I did get it when I "jogged" after a decent length. Are you sweating a bit more than usual with the warmer weather? Is it different tops or any one in particular? Has your clothes detergent changed recently?

Vaseline/Sudocreme/Chamois Cream?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Vaseline &/or a close fitting undergarment.

I find this problem worse on a ride when I get very hot then cool quite quickly, and then get erect/hard nips which chafe on the cycling jersey.

NB before any STW perverts start to e-mail me, I'm a 40yo bald headed person!

donsimon
    Free Member

NB before any STW perverts start to e-mail me, I'm a 40yo bald headed person!

Me thinks the standards of the ladies is dropping!!! 😕

cheers_drive

I had this yesterday for the first time ever. As mentioned above I reckon that it was because it was hot when climbing up but when on top of the Mendips it was windy and wet and then got cold on the descent.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I find it's usually due to the base layer, never had a problem with coolmax.

ton

mtfu…………shandypants 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Wear a slick base layer or put plaster on 'em. Happens to me when I go for properly long rides in the cold.

highclimber
    Free Member

Apply a bit of MTFU before you set off!

rOcKeTdOg

i had base layer on the first time then just shirt today, weird, i usually sweat in sub zero temps so there was nothing new about the heat thing really

FuzzyWuzzy

Bits of sellotape do it for me, vaseline works but doesn't come out in a 30/40c wash so you end up with greasy marks :p

lowey

Argh, I use to suffer like a trojan with this on sweaty rides. Vaseline is the answer mate.

GW
    Free Member

gaffer tape, seriously

votchy
    Free Member

Get yourself measured properly, your bra must be the wrong size 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

A full gimp suit is the best way to avoid this. You tend to find people move out of your way quicker too.

theflatboy
    Free Member

1961Bikie – Member
    I did get it when I "jogged" after a decent length.

are you geetee's sweetheart, dave?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

do you wear bib shorts? great for the road, not so good for undulating singletrack etc 😕

rOcKeTdOg

no bibs, maybe i need a sports bra? 😯

this is what i was wearing

Xylene
    Free Member

Joggers Nipple – maybe some of that Uddercream would work

brassneck

Were you wearing sportwool/merino next to skin? I find this is an unfortuate side effect under some conditions. Bizarre, I too only suffer on one side, and even when not wearing a camelbak so I can't blame that.

Benpanthen is a great soother – having a baby or two around has it's benefits, you get to try all sorts of potions.

theflatboy
    Free Member

good for tattoos as well, brassneck.

kimbers

triatheletes have anti-cgafe cream

check out tri shops

its pretty gloopy stuff though

brassneck

I'll bear that in mind 🙂

I was once told not to polish glasses with merino – if it can damage lenses…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘sore nipples when riding’ is closed to new replies.