Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • sore knees
  • manitou
    Free Member

both my knees hurt when i kneel down or bend them past the angle you’d bend them for walking. The pain is on the outside of the knee, a bit like being hit with an iron bar. Any ideas what this could be and what treatment/exercises i need to get this to stop?

thomthumb
    Free Member

do you stretch at all?

manitou
    Free Member

yeah I do but only after riding the bike… funny thing is I haven’t done any riding for a while and this pain has come on.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Could something under your kneecap being irritated due to said kneecap maltracking due to inside quads wasting due to lack of bike riding. Any muscle wasting may be hidden by swelling, so might not be easy to see. Might not be though.

Dr_Bakes

Could be Illio Tibial Band Syndrome?

More common as a running injury but mine flairs up on the bike sometimes?

Dr_Bakes (PhD)

Gunz
    Free Member

Sounds very much like TLB Syndrome. I’m sitting here after doing my first (last) marathon on Sunday gritting my teeth everytime I move my leg because of this. It’s caused by inflamation of the tendon that slides over the side of the knee joint, bought on by overuse generally. Physio has given me some exercises to strengthen glutes which have weakened whilst I’ve been off the bike training for the run, so building this area could help you.
    As always though, see a professional.

manitou
    Free Member

thanks, I guess a visit to the docs in order 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

see a physio,

whilst it could be ITB syndrome. I have suffered tight ITBs in the past. saw a physio who prescribed stretches and strengthening.

it could also be the hamstring where it passes into the top of the shin (just below knee) i have this atm and it is very irritating/ painful.

or indeed something else – which i why you need a professional.

antigee

try looking at plica syndrome
    recently been told have in one knee due to a high speed tree route impact and then running and other stuff causes swelling and agravation

I couldn’t kneel on floor, crouch or bend leg to certain positions until i got swelling down – mine is probably folded from the impact and will need surgery – some don’t

http://www.eorthopod.com/content/plica-syndrome
    ice and Ibu’ to reduce inflamation
    stretch hamstrings
    strengthen quads

oh and see a physio

manitou
    Free Member

Antigee, I think you’ve got it! the symptoms I read on your link sound right to me.

yunki
    Free Member

IBS..?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘sore knees’ is closed to new replies.