Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sora… any comments
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Looking for something purely functional for my restored Gios frame.
    Not worried about aesthetics or weight, just want something to work and cope with winter training.
    My only concern is why it's so much cheaper than anything else, £179 at Ribbles.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Works fine.

handyman153
    Free Member

It works great in my opinion for a cheap and cheer full groupset. Easy to set up and maintain, and will work just like any other Shimano group.

Only down side is that you cant change down a gear if you are in the drops because the shifter is the thumb shifter on the inside of the lever. Having said that its the same as campag, so it might not be a problem, for you.

I would say go for it, alot better price than anything else. I would be tempted to wait for the new SRAM Apex group, but thats not going to be anything like the sora price..

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Josh…

oldgit
    Free Member

Good.
    Cheap and cheerfull and Shimano, so no problems getting chains, cassettes etc last minute. Plus Campag don't seem to do a budget groupset with compact.
    Got Ultegra and 105 on the other bikes, so again handy if I need a donor wheel.

druidh
    Free Member

I dinnae like the thumb shifter. Tiagra is worth the extra pennies

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That new 105 looks nice.

oldgit
    Free Member

TBH as it's not for racing, just winter plod I won't be doing that much front ring changing.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That's twice today I've read that you can't hit the little lever on sora shifters whilst in the drops and it's not true. There's a knack to it certainly, but it's doable.

theboatman
    Free Member

I run sora on my daily commuter which also doubles as my winter trainer, it's done countless miles without the need to fiddle with it other than a change of cables. So, no fuss, functional and cheap. I don't find the shifting thing an issue.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Sora is more than fine. Got Tiagra and 105 on some other bikes. They are slightly better on balance but really not a big deal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sora… any comments’ is closed to new replies.